View Full Version : desoxyn x adderall

pcassiano
03-19-11, 04:48 PM
sorry for the complete lack of information but, in a nutshell, what's the main differences between desoxyn and adderall?

KTCAOP
03-19-11, 07:11 PM
Adderall is a mixture of four amphetamine salts that are encapsulated in a way to relase over time.

Desoxyn is a form of just methamphetamine.

There's probably a lot more to it than that, but I don't know exactly what you are asking, what is the difference in what exactly?

twinch42085
03-20-11, 02:33 AM
sorry for the complete lack of information but, in a nutshell, what's the main differences between desoxyn and adderall?
Adderall is in fact a mixture of four different amphetamine salts (2 parts dextro-amphetamine and 2 parts levo- amphetamine).

Desoxyn contains a single salt that has a methyl group attached to it allowing it to last longer. Desoxyn is most certainly methamphetamine, but it is less potent than the methamphetamine that is sold illegally on the black market.

Why you may ask? The illegal form of methamphetamine contains two isomers. The stronger, right hand isomer is Dextro-amphetamine and the weaker, left hand isomer is Levo-amphetamine.

Each isomer (Dextro) & (Levo) are attached to a methyl molecule => thus, giving a result of Dextro-Methamphetamine & Levo-Methamphetamine.

Desoxyn contains "ONLY" the Dextro-Methamphetamine isomer. The Levo portion as been left out, "but if combined with Desoxyn would enhance its effects".

So, if you ever here Desoxyn referred to as Desoxyephedrine, or DextroMethamphetamine, or Methedrine then the medicine is more than likely Desoxyn or (one of its substrates).

HERE IS MY EXAMPLE
ADDERALL DESOXYN
4 salt mixture : 2 salts of Dextro-Amphetamine 1 salt bonded to the methyl group:
2 salts of Levo-Amphetamine Dextro-Methamphetamine

Therefore; The duration of Desoxyn and its effects are greater then Adderall because of the methyl group that is bound to the amphetamine molecule. This makes the potentiality of effects to last longer and be stronger. Methamphetamine is lipid-soluble, thus enhancing transport across the blood brain barrier, also; being it is less susceptible to degradation by mono-amine oxidation.

twinch42085
03-20-11, 02:37 AM
Sorry about that. It is all jumbled up.

ADDERALL => mixture of 4 salts: 2 salts of Dextro-Amphetamine and 2 salts of Levo-Amphetamine

DESOXYN => 1 salt bonded with a methyl group: Dextro-Methamphetamine

iJuston
07-30-11, 07:58 PM
Thank you for your post. It was most helpful. Now I wonder: What would be the difference between dextro-amphetamine and dextro-methamphetamine? I presume d-amp has no methyl group and makes it less potent?

twinch42085
07-31-11, 01:35 AM
Thank you for your post. It was most helpful. Now I wonder: What would be the difference between dextro-amphetamine and dextro-methamphetamine? I presume d-amp has no methyl group and makes it less potent?
Yes, Dextro-amphetamine is weaker than Dextro-methamphetamine. D-amp does not have a methyl group. I wouldn't say that it is weaker due to it's lack of the methly group. I would say that D-amp is similar in its mode of action except it takes a larger milligram to achieve these effects in comparison to a smaller milligram of Desoxyn.

IMO I have found the Dextro-amphetamine better in its effectiveness than I have with the Dextro-methamphetamine.

FocusPocus10
08-23-11, 09:25 PM
Yes, Dextro-amphetamine is weaker than Dextro-methamphetamine. D-amp does not have a methyl group. I wouldn't say that it is weaker due to it's lack of the methly group. I would say that D-amp is similar in its mode of action except it takes a larger milligram to achieve these effects in comparison to a smaller milligram of Desoxyn.

IMO I have found the Dextro-amphetamine better in its effectiveness than I have with the Dextro-methamphetamine.

could you elaborate on this? Why was the dex more effective? I think I remember seeing you say in another thread that it's because it's more stimulating than the desy, which you needed for class or something.

twinch42085
08-24-11, 12:39 AM
could you elaborate on this? Why was the dex more effective? I think I remember seeing you say in another thread that it's because it's more stimulating than the desy, which you needed for class or something.
D-amp provides me with a clearer thought of focus. Yes, I do find it to be more stimulating without the rush like that of mixed amp-salts.

Desoxyn (generic brand) only help me sleep. I assume that the methyl group acted upon my neurons in a manner that made my focus become more of a sedative type stimulant.

Pardon my far fetched grammatical errors :)

addsnoopy
11-28-11, 10:25 AM
Adderal xr pre 2009: Excellent.
Desoxyn: Second best, pain to take as they are instant release.
Adderal xr reformulated version now: Utter pure Garbage!