View Full Version : Thailand and/or Czech Republic

RogueQueen
03-23-11, 05:19 AM
I'm thinking of working in one of these two countries next year, but I'm not sure what the status of Adderall and/or Ritalin is here. If you could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it.

iwaw2f
03-23-11, 05:24 AM
I think you can get pretty much anything in Thailand

RogueQueen
03-23-11, 11:50 AM
Only little boys and girls. They're really cracking down on drugs. (Well, foreigners with drugs, at any rate.)

Kasechka
03-23-11, 02:01 PM
Re: Thailand. It says they treat ADHD in children/adolescents at this hospital. I would try to contact one of their staff doctors to see what they say. If you do go there, you'll have to get a local practitioner to treat you anyway: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/index.php?p=medicalservicedetail&id=0&cid=52&hid=1

Kasechka
03-23-11, 02:03 PM
Here's a place to contact in Prague, the Prague Psychiatric center:
http://www.pcp.lf3.cuni.cz/pcpeng/lekari_lecebnapece.htm

But I vote for Thailand. The food is so much better.

RogueQueen
03-26-11, 06:56 PM
Here's a place to contact in Prague, the Prague Psychiatric center:
http://www.pcp.lf3.cuni.cz/pcpeng/lekari_lecebnapece.htm

But I vote for Thailand. The food is so much better.

Doesn't matter if you're a woman. East and South East Asian countries treat Western women like dog s*** because we're "all like Samantha from Sex and the City." (Actually, they don't treat their own women very well either, which is why the gendercide has hit the 100 million mark. :( ) Plus, I'm vegetarian, so I can't eat any of it. I'd be going to have a year long paid vacation in paradise.

EU quality of life is infinitely better if you're female -- even though you're paid much, much less. Pretty buildings matter to someone from an architecture family, vegetarian food is easily available, and I wouldn't be human man-repellant, so I could easily go out on dates. ADD aside, Czech Republic wins.

That said, ADD trumps all.

Thanks!

Kasechka
03-27-11, 09:36 AM
Hadn't thought about that point, but of course that's a big quality of life issue, the impact of sexism. That's a big deal.

But food? Lots of (Buddhist) vegetarians in Thailand. Just visited the north in January; splendid.

Anyway, do report back on what you find from the hospitals. Will be useful for the whole forum.

Lexi<3
05-02-11, 04:22 PM
Hi RogueQueen! I've lived in both countires for 6 month periods (great minds think alike). You're going to have to switch to Ritalin if you're on Adderall to stay in either place. The Czech Republic allows you to take in a 30 day supply of Adderall in but will not be able to fill it. Even taking Adderall into Thailand is a no-no. I've heard of people doing it, but I've been back and forth 5 times and they always look over my pills. But hey, maybe my Ambien is interesting to them also :P
Both places will prescribe Ritalin. In Thailand only from pdocs who works out of hospitals in larger cities. In Czech it's pretty easy to find a decent psychiatrist, especially in Prague.
Now, about the places... I loved them both very much, but Prague was my favorite. I didn't have any sexism problems in Thailand, but it just seemed that things gelled for me better in Prague and I could really fit in and make true local friends easier. Sure, the beaches and food are great in Thailand, but Czech food is not as bad as they say and the architecture and history is fascinating. Funny thing here is that Prague has some of the best Thai restaurants outside of Thailand, imo.
I guess it just depends on what your "thing" is.
I wish you lots of luck!!!!