View Full Version : Making a grocery list for supplements

ADHD-PI
03-26-11, 06:45 PM
I'm going to the store in a while to buy some vitamins and such. My main reason is to buy Chelated Magnesium to help stem the build of tolerance, but what else should I get?

tired1823
03-26-11, 06:59 PM
get stuff with iron and zinc. can't take them together because they feed off of eachother or something like that. you won't be as tired if you are tired and it will help your mood. I think dark meats and chicken have both. I'm not sure what else contains these. Also, if I am going to splurge and buy anything organic I always get the organic chicken because the other stuff has too many hormones like estrogen.
green lettuce (not the white iceburg). With vegetables i think the darker or more colorful the better the nutrients. Also, Kiwi (just one) is loaded with everything aparently so if you eat one you are good for fruit servings for the day. Watermelon also.
I also got lite v-8 juice (w serving of fruit and vegetable) Sorry I can't help with magnesium but that's my input!

ADHD-PI
03-27-11, 11:11 AM
Thanks. I already love Kiwis and V-8. What is so good about green lettuce?

tired1823
03-28-11, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure, i know it's better than iceburg. the greener, the more nutritious. I think it's vitamin A but it might be vitamin E... Yea, I get the Lite V-8 fusion, I think it comes in blueberry pomegranite and strawberry banana. I just bought the blueberry pomegranite and I got some kiwis today.

Effie
03-30-11, 06:34 PM
Dark green leafy veggies are loaded with all kinds of vitamins, calcium is one of them. :)

Offle
03-30-11, 06:50 PM
Thanks. I already love Kiwis and V-8. What is so good about green lettuce?

Baby spinach is probably the best thing you can do there. It's loaded down with vitamins, minerals, iron, and magnesium. Plus the texture is better iceberg lettuce, which makes me feel like I'm eating plastic, and you get more than if you were to get Romaine lettuce.

Edit: Whoops, misread that. Either way I stand by what I say, spinach rocks.

Phayah
04-08-11, 05:02 PM
Baby spinach is probably the best thing you can do there. It's loaded down with vitamins, minerals, iron, and magnesium. Plus the texture is better iceberg lettuce, which makes me feel like I'm eating plastic, and you get more than if you were to get Romaine lettuce.

Edit: Whoops, misread that. Either way I stand by what I say, spinach rocks.

Baby spinach is really healthy and tastes pretty good opposed to eating cooked spinach. I do love iceburg though. It has a satisfying, juicy crunch! Crazy lady...

:p

StoicNate
04-08-11, 05:56 PM
Melatonin, 5HTP, and Chamomile Tea are good for getting to sleep.
Though I think separately.

St. John's Wort is good for mild Depression. You just have to find a brand that works for you.

tipoo
04-08-11, 09:16 PM
Omega 3 should be a mainstay in suppliments