View Full Version : Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs)

Fortune
03-28-11, 11:27 PM
The purest devil.

I have to suffer with this until the first, when I can buy myself some incandescent bulbs again. Well, not really suffer, I just don't turn it on. Defeats the purpose, but whatever.

I swear to god, I feel like this thing is boring a migraine-shaped hole in my brain. :mad: It's worse than having no light at all. Who designed these things? Why do I live with people who insist on buying them when incandescent bulbs aren't even banned yet?

ginniebean
03-29-11, 12:09 AM
There was a thread about a year ago on this very issue, a whole lot of people here are bothered by flourescent lights including me.

Fortune
03-29-11, 12:35 AM
I'm not surprised.

At least the flicker isn't an issue, just migraines and dizziness.

tipoo
03-29-11, 08:54 AM
I'm not surprised.

At least the flicker isn't an issue, just migraines and dizziness.

But what causes that, if not the flicker? The colour temperature? You can get ones that match incandescent bulbs. Also some of the cheaper ones emit a high pitched sound all the time, which could be it too.

Fortune
03-29-11, 10:20 AM
But what causes that, if not the flicker? The colour temperature? You can get ones that match incandescent bulbs. Also some of the cheaper ones emit a high pitched sound all the time, which could be it too.

Could be. I don't know - the color temperature on this is different from the last CFL (which I think did match incandescent bulbs) I had but the last CFL triggered one of the worst migraines I have ever had. In general I find fluorescent lights unpleasant. I was surprised that CFLs would be, though.

Relish
04-06-11, 09:10 PM
I thought I was the only one...My boyfriend looks at me like I'm crazy when I complain about these bad boys. I literally feel like they suck the life right out of my body.

Malls are a big NO NO as well. People, people, people, fluoresant lights, people, lights, advertising, colors, loud, talk, lights, BAH!

If I wanted to die a very long and painful death I would do so sitting at our local mall