ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > paravis
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

ok so i forgot to post for my second dose yesterday ...

Posted 02-28-08 at 01:46 PM by paravis
yea, i said i was going to update after i took my second adderall 20mg yesterday.

i got so caught up playing with my animals and reading messages on here that it kinda slipped my mind.

anyways, i was surprised that 2x20mg lasted me all day yesterday. one IR at 7am, one IR at 1pm, and no crash or comedown. by the way, these are the corepharma generics ...

last night, i slept like a baby. in fact, it was probably the best sleep i've had in a REALLY long time. i was on vyvanse before, and i think that they were so long-lasting in my body that one pill actually lasted at least a full 24-hours ... so every night i would wake up at least once between 2:30am-4am, sometimes being so awake that it would be difficult to sleep again.

anyways, i just have to say that being able to have more "control" over my dosing is great. although, in my opinion, the vyvanse is a significantly smoother ride than adderall. i "feel" the adderall more, which is nice, but i like to keep the medication strictly a psychological thing, and much less physical.

it might have had something to do with the fact that it was my *first* time using mixed salts. so i will see how it goes throughout the weekend. i see my psych next tuesday, so i should have a proper assessment by then.

what i'm thinking right now is that, with adderall IR, the best possible schedule/dose would be 20mg at wakeup, 20mg at 11am, and 20mg at 3pm.

well, that or 20mg at wakeup, 10mg at 10am, 10mg at 12pm, 10mg at 2pm, and 10mg at 4pm. but that's a full time job ... ha ha. especially when compared to the vyvanse that was one pill at wakeup and nothing more all day long.

hmm ...
Facebook Twitter Submit "ok so i forgot to post for my second dose yesterday ..." to Digg Submit "ok so i forgot to post for my second dose yesterday ..." to del.icio.us Submit "ok so i forgot to post for my second dose yesterday ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "ok so i forgot to post for my second dose yesterday ..." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2042 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    What dosage of Vyvanse were you taking? I am on 30mg 1 time daily, however I am feeling as thought the effects wear off around the time I get home each night, that has been discouraging as that is when I have the worst time being still, not having a mile a minute mind... etc. I am going go bring it up with my dr next appt.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks