ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > musings, etc.
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

I've never had a blog, only journals. Those are pretty serious records of my illness/meds/cycling, etc.

So this might be fun and different.
Rate this Entry

Why write?

Posted 09-08-11 at 08:21 AM by EYEFORGOT
My journal about my medical challenges is ridiculously long, pages and pages.

I've started handwritten journals at home.

I used to write poetry, and take lots of notes about spirituality.

I've started a blog or two, but don't get far. Even this one is sparse.

So why write? Why the urge, the need, to express the thoughts in the written word, to see it staring back at me. It's not as if I'm especially good at it. Or maybe I just need to stare at my thoughts.

Looking back on old posts and journal entries it's really very sad to say how much I still struggle with, or problems that have come round yet again. As if I didn't learn anything the first time. I know I'm facing them as a slightly different person. They changed me the first time, now I have to learn it again from another angle I guess.

One would think I'd improved upon my health, but I think it's worse in some ways. Relationship(s) went through trials and tribulations, seeming to come out the other end, but now going back around for more.

I feel like I'm going after the same advice, or will simply receive the same advice as before. Maybe writing I/we talk ourselves through the answers?
Facebook Twitter Submit "Why write?" to Digg Submit "Why write?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why write?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why write?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3766 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    Why write? I guess I think 'why not write'? It is such a beautiful lure for abstract minds and connecting outside the box of what life should be rather than what life simply... is.
  2. Old
    Thank you for sharing. I like learning about people.

By the way, thank you for the compliment you left for me in the relationship vent thread. I needed it.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks