ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > zannie
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done

Posted 02-21-12 at 09:53 AM by zannie
Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done.

I put x off then suddenly realize that some looming deadline or other highly unpleasant thing is getting my attention. It speaks through the comfortable layers of denial disturbing my cozy - i don't need to deal with that right now - cloud.

Then peals of thunder and blinding flashes of lightning jolt me into reality - adrenalin pumping, thoughts racing and panic fills me.

Then, I am sufficiently awake to realize that i need to calm down enough and jump into crisis mode. What has been messed up beyond repair? What can be salvaged? Is it too late to...? Is there way to work around it?

I now know exactly how much time I have -hopefully very little rather than absolutely none. Fighting self deprication and the constant chattering that asks if I will ever learn and fueled by adrenalin - I get things done.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done" to Digg Submit "Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done" to del.icio.us Submit "Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done" to StumbleUpon Submit "Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 777 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks