ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > A Daily Delftenaar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

My thoughts and experiences in Delft.
It's just life, so don't worry.
Rate this Entry

Silence is golden ...

Posted 01-24-13 at 08:59 AM by diced
Updated 01-24-13 at 08:59 AM by diced (typo)
Time to break the golden silence...

I sincerely hope nobody is offended when I quite suddenly stop posting.

Last time this happened a lot of things changed in my life. I had people to talk to... friends to visit, family to cope with. I really didn't feel the need to go online and discuss with people about life.

I still haven't finished my studies. I've got a nice girlfriend though, but something doesn't feel right.

My dad is sick. I don't expect he'll see the age of 65. He'll never see a grandchild.

Emotions are puzzling: I want to help. I don't care. That's odd wouldn't you agree?
I do something nice... all I hear is critique.
That can't be all that is said... can it?
Am I tuned to the frequencies of criticism speech or something??
When I hear a compliment, it causes a fleeting smile on my troubled face. When I hear a critical judgement, it causes waves of negative emotions covering my entire brain. And expressing itself as yet another wrinkle accentuating the already thick frown on my face.

Of course... after a while I learn to recognise this emotional harassment. That's when I log back on again, and try to think about what's bugging me.
Try to accept it. Learn to embrace it, and not let it lead me into despair.
Change a negative thought, that resonates in my head, to a positive "something".

Negative thoughts resonate, Positive "something"s relieve stress.

To resonate is to pick up on a certain frequency and take over the energy that produces the frequency.
This can be viewed as a load

To be in a state of stress is to experience a load, which can adds energy, which can be released or transformed, or which deforms the system.

Positive actions release the load, or transform it, i.e. do something with the energy.
Positive thoughts flex your spirit and absolve the energy.

WHOA..

I guess translating psychology into engineering kinda works for me...
Facebook Twitter Submit "Silence is golden ..." to Digg Submit "Silence is golden ..." to del.icio.us Submit "Silence is golden ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Silence is golden ..." to Google
Posted in Feeling
Views 3122 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks