ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > meadd823
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

So This Is How the Other Side Lives

Posted 02-22-14 at 01:39 PM by meadd823
Most may think that the title means I am comparing non-ADDers to ADDers while this could be the distinction it really isn't one it is just a blurb that popped into my head a few minutes ago.

About this time last year maybe a bit further back I set about asking the universe to open up the opportunity for gainful employment - I did it with ritual and group the hole nine yards. It seemed forever and I knew action on my part was required so I set about learning the new fangled way to job hunt on line

I swear it took me forever to even get my resume to be one that stood out from the crowd enough to get me into an interview. The one I use now was written when I was in phuck it mode and had a few mixed drinks to add to the ambiance. I am one of the few nurses applying for jobs who can do small business book keeping and drive heavy equipment.

I landed an agency job at first a few month later went onto a part time home health job. I love the work but the wear and tear on my vehicle means getting another one. Applied for a loan I have preapproval from a dealer ship decided to go with the credit union for grins and giggles even though I know it is harder to get a loan on a used car. Either way I plan on acquiring car payments by the end of this month on a car that gets better than 20mpg and does not arbitrarily die at stop lights or in traffic jams

I know what I want in a used car which models and years I am looking for every thing down to the cars mileage - I hope the used car thing goes as well as my other purchases have - I finally applied my google girl skills learned here to my real life - I have purchased high end electronics for excellent prices by learning the remanufactured route - always get a warranty worthy of a new one

Yesterday I went for another job interview - The site did not work the lady was late and along with the application packet was a list of demands that I felt put off by - They wanted me to sign some thing saying I give them my permission to do a drug screen on me should I be rendered unconscious while on the job -wtf!!!

I would not sign because should I become unconscious while on the job I want them to use their medical knowledge to figure out why I am unconscious to begin with. They can kiss my posterior if that is all they are worried about.

Not one damn thing in the fifteen page packet I had time to read while waiting for the interview lady to get there about what they as a company had to offer in return for this list of demands - One notable thing on the list is employes are to buy scrubs at a company approved vender - Next thing they will do is pay me in company credits I can only use at the company store.

I did not sign any of the crap but went through the process of interviewing because it was the polite thing to do but I already knew I did not want to work there.

This morning when I am finished typing this i will begin getting ready for a lunch meeting with a couple of docs who want to open an addiction clinic - They are looking for a clinic manager. I have opened clinics run small business been an addict and now work as a nurse

I am going to be myself because me is who they are going to hire - One of the docs knows me personally almost better than my husband does The other is a partner. I am up against some pretty steep competition but what the hell - sense when is that ever stopped me from attempting the improbable.

If it happens it happens if not I shall get a nice lunch out of it any way.

As I signed on line checked to make sure the bank made the night drop deposit a voice inside my head said

"So this is how the other side lives"

I am unsure of the other side of what the voice is referencing to but I sort of have a feeling I will eventually find out - I decided to blog this as a form of marking my place in this time.

This being done, I shall log off get myself ready. As I have recently learned, punctuality is of utmost importance regardless of which end of the interview process one is on.
Facebook Twitter Submit "So  This Is How the Other Side Lives" to Digg Submit "So  This Is How the Other Side Lives" to del.icio.us Submit "So  This Is How the Other Side Lives" to StumbleUpon Submit "So  This Is How the Other Side Lives" to Google
Views 3734 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks