ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > meadd823
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Insight into the Positive Aspect of Negative Emotions

Posted 12-20-15 at 05:05 PM by meadd823
I know most of us prefer the feelings of love, light and generosity. Most know all too well that bad feelings are a part of life as are bad situations. Most healthy people avoid those who wallow in negativity and use adjectives to describe those who prefer to remain in the dark darker sides of spirituality. It can be just as unhealthy to refuse to see the dark side as it refusing to walk in the light. A normal day consist of both day and night and normal people walk in both light and darkness. The mountain tops are more pleasant because we can see so much more however the fertilizer the growth that gives us the ability to appreciate and know what to do with those mountain top experiences comes from our travels through the darkened valley.

Many of the emotions we avoid due to their unpleasant feelings are necessary to be healthy both spiritually and emotionally. Emotions such as anger, jealously, even the biggie self-loathing are actually portals into insight we have the heart to learn about ourselves. Hard times and negative emotions do not bring out the worst in us humans, these times crack open the candy coated outer shell and reveal what the inside is truly made of.

I have learned weakness and strength come from the same core being and still I struggle with those insights being applied to myself, but each lesson brings about more ability to accept myself which in turn translates to accepting others. I no longer feel guilt for my limitations I know how to draw good boundaries and walk out of a toxic situation without regret or resentment for those who may not share my point of view

Several years ago I was given a lesson into these emotions and have spent the past three years learning to use these emotions for my benefit. It is a constantly challenging part of my spiritual / emotional growth. I have by no means arrived I feel it is time to share the lessons with my circle sisters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the description of what is to be my first time leading a drum circle. It seems like such a small step but I am nervous as hell.

I come back here and realize how much change I have under gone in the past couple of years and to think it all started with being some one on here I wanted to be in person over ten years ago.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Insight into the Positive Aspect of Negative Emotions" to Digg Submit "Insight into the Positive Aspect of Negative Emotions" to del.icio.us Submit "Insight into the Positive Aspect of Negative Emotions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Insight into the Positive Aspect of Negative Emotions" to Google
Views 5889 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    I just wanted to say I think you're amazing, meadd

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks