ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Adult Education/add/help me???!!!
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

coping
scheduling
learning
Rate this Entry

Old Dog

Posted 05-08-10 at 07:26 PM by medrrtay

New site for me. I am 50, going back to college to be a teacher. Diagnosed 2 yrs ago with ADD. Explains a lot, including why I never graduated from college in the first 8 years.

I am havin same problems as before, realizing that knowing I have add and medicating are not the whole story.

I am so disorganized, it is just getting worse. I am desperate for a way to organize myself, but having no luck. I procrastinate, I'm always late. I am tired of being undependable!!!

It has taken me a year to find out there is some assistance with my add, learnin to study. Now I keep putting off the process of being accepted. AAAGH!

Anyone think of a system? Somethin? I sosososososo0 want to be a teacher!
Facebook Twitter Submit "Old Dog" to Digg Submit "Old Dog" to del.icio.us Submit "Old Dog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Old Dog" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2461 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    I think it is great that your going back to school. I went back to school when my kids were 18 months old at 33. I am fourty now and i am a R.N. i thought i would really lose it in school. wowowowowo!!!!!!!!!! I was urged by a teacher to go to doc and be tested for add. I always knew i had problems ,,, maybe always knew i had add but, wow when i was in school well really after kids were born, long story. anyway, I did manage to finsh and i love love love being a nurse.
    When i started the meds i could study with something that resembled organization. what i am finding is i have to "re train" myself on the organization thing. it is not easy is it?
    I have 3 kids now so i also am trying to teach them what i am trying to learn myself ie
    ''''' A place for everything and everything in its place"""
    """" If you take it out put it up,,, in its place''''''''''
    What do you think ? sorry if i ramble i am not really "clear" yet ... thanks for posting
  2. Old
    old dog i'm kind new to this website,i'm 53 yrs old and have been a teacher for past 12 yrs ,do not give up keep working at it ,you will make it !!!
    the wonderfull thing is that lot of kids have ADD or ADHD and they trust and apriciate having a teacher that knows what it like to live with it!! that will make you the best teacher that that student can learn from.
    every day make your self a list that you are going to do,when you have days that you do not finish ,exerise walk ride bike ,lift weights and tryied again next day.
    importantly set you self very reasonable goals.
    i hope this helps you!!!! waclaw6717

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks