ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > SparklySarah
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Starting Ritalin/Equasym (Methylphenidate) - problems?

Posted 05-25-10 at 07:42 AM by SparklySarah
Updated 05-25-10 at 07:43 AM by SparklySarah (Main body of text not posted)

Trying that again!:

Gonna start a thread about this too, but has anyone who's been on Ritalin (Methylphenidate, I'm actually taking Equasym brand) noticed it made them "worse" before making them "better"? I started taking it on Saturday, taking 1 tab 5mg twice daily. Should be three times but the last dose should be before 5pm and I've not been taking the first dose early enough to fit in 3.

Anyway, I didn't take any yesterday as I was working and was advised to start off on my days off to avoid any possible problems at work - which I'm glad about!!

Taken my first dose this morn, took about 40 mins to kick in and I feel like it's exacerbated my symptomns...I almost feel like I've drunk alcohol, which makes my focus much worse...trying to take in what ppl are saying, keep track of what I'm doing...feel like I'm not exactly here.

My doc advised a week at 5mg then starting 10mg three times daily. I'm due to have a phone follow-up with the ADHD nurse from the Maudsley on Thurs, but I was just wondering what others' experiences were?

I'm ADD Inattentive if that makes a diff. I am feeling slightly under the weather too today, had bad hayfever last night so didn't sleep to well. I took an anti-histhamine before going to bed.

Sorry for the disjointed sound of this but the meds are very much interfering with my normal flow.

Thanks,
Sx
Facebook Twitter Submit "Starting Ritalin/Equasym (Methylphenidate) - problems?" to Digg Submit "Starting Ritalin/Equasym (Methylphenidate) - problems?" to del.icio.us Submit "Starting Ritalin/Equasym (Methylphenidate) - problems?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Starting Ritalin/Equasym (Methylphenidate) - problems?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1763 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks