ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Intellectconnect Profile

Posted 06-17-10 at 05:59 PM by CrystalShiloh
Updated 06-17-10 at 06:05 PM by CrystalShiloh (I am a perfectionist)
Headline:
Says the cheshire cat, "Mean what you say, and say what you mean."

It is absolutely crucial to me that my friends accept me as I am unconditionally and so I present an authentic self perception. That perception is not at all static; it is dynamic. I see myself as being in a constant state of becoming. It takes at least a lifetime. Nothing can be clear cut positive/negative. Everything contains the potentiation to be either; it is a matter of perception.

Anyway, I decided it would be best to be straight forward and disclose my supposed "defects," deemed by society as such, in order to encourage you to determine on your own whether or not these are rational, irrefutable reasons to outright reject someone. There is no right or wrong response.

I have adult Attention Deficit Disorder (I am the inattentive as opposed to the hyperactive type) and I have Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. Both keep me busy because I obsess over a new thing whenever I become distracted.

According to the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (M.B.T.I.), I am an INTJ (Introverted/Intuitive/Thinker/Judger). I think it is time that I retake the test because I am better able to identify aspects of myself than at the time I took the test. I am willing to bet, if I retook the test today, I would remain an introvert and fall between all of the functions, excluding extroversion/Introversion), as I am also highly sensitive and observant (making me a IXXX).

My Personality:
I am accepting, adorable, analytical, articulate, considerate, creative, cute, empathic, endearing, fair, free-spirited, genuine, girly, honest, impatient, impulsive, inquisitive, introspective, a linguaphile, logical, loving, meditative, mindful, nerdy, observant, open-minded, playful, perfectionistic, punny, sensitive, and well-read. I have my own sense of style and I swim against the mainstream.

Interests:
The 1960s, A.D.D., Alexander Calder, counter culture, friendships, intentional communities, intuition, intuitive tarot, Impulse Control Disorder (I.C.D.), jewelry, life-long learning, linguistics, living authentically, meditation, mindfulness, Neuro Linguistic Programing, (N.L.P.), neuroscience, Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (O.C.P.D.), Osho, philosophy/religion (particularly Eastern), pop art, psychology, reciprocal relationships, retro stuff, self-awareness, self-improvement, simplifying, support, Taoism (or Daoism, depending on the transliteration), tarot, trading (things and thoughts), transcendentalism, unschooling, and vintage stuff.

Activities:
Blogging, collecting/designing/making jewelry, outings, museums, lending support, reading, reading tarot, roller blading/skating, shopping, singing along to music, taking pictures, urban exploring, walking, watching movies/television, and writing.

Favorite Books:
Books by Neil Gaiman, Enchantment by Orson Scott Card, Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, Sookie Stackhouse/ Southern Vampire Series, and Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein.

Books I Want to Read:
Too many to list. Suffice to say, I would start w/all the ones on my shelves that I have yet to read.

Favorite Movies:
2001: A Space Odyssey, The Graduate, movies made by Hayao Miyazaki, movies starring Bruce Campbell, and Pan's Labrynth.

Favorite TV Shows:
Burn Notice, Chuck, Dead Like Me, Fringe, Glee, Heroes, Project Runway, Pushing Daisies, shows created by Brian Fuller, True Blood, Wonderfalls, Hoarders, and Hoarders on A&E.

Favorite Music:
80s, 90s, Alanis Morrisette, alternative, Cake, Enya, Evanescence, female vocalists in general, grunge, industrial, Jack Off Jill, Jewel, Lisa Loeb, new age, Norah Jones, rock, Seether, Sheryl Crow, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, They Might Be Giants, and Type O Negative.

Favorite Places:
The aquatic gardens at the National Arboretum surrounding the visitor's center (I love to hand feed the koi) and around the tidal basin when the cherry blossoms are in bloom.

Places I want to visit:
The land of the rising sun; Japan.

Favorite Quotes:
"When we find no support among others for our deeply felt truths, we can either feel isolated and bitter, or celebrate the fact that our vision is strong enough even to survive the powerful human need for the approval of family, friends, or colleagues. If you are facing such a situation now, be aware of how you are choosing to view your 'aloneness' and take responsibility for the choice you have made." - Excerpted from The Osho Zen Tarot

"Be a light unto yourself." - Guatam Buddha
Facebook Twitter Submit "Intellectconnect Profile" to Digg Submit "Intellectconnect Profile" to del.icio.us Submit "Intellectconnect Profile" to StumbleUpon Submit "Intellectconnect Profile" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2834 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks