ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

New Intellectconect Profile

Posted 06-29-10 at 04:27 PM by CrystalShiloh
I am here to find friends with whom I can have intelligent interactions.*

I'll associate and accept anyone as an acquaintance, as they are, but my criteria for close friends in my circle include the following characteristics are authenticity w/o any apologies, self-acceptance, an openness to and acceptance of others as they are, and constantly changing. I prefer that potential friends and I have some overlap in our interests and have significantly more interests that are individual. The more minds working in concert, that much more material can be covered. To me, friendships should be symbiotic. This provides the potential for further exchange of expertise, which brings me to mine. If anyone is interested in what all my expertise entails, it is explained on a few of my other profiles found on a number of other networking sites. Simply search for me by my name "Crystal Genduso".****

It is absolutely crucial to me that my friends accept me as I am unconditionally and so I present an authentic self perception. That perception is not at all static; it is dynamic. I see myself as being in a constant state of becoming. It takes at least a lifetime. Nothing can be clear cut positive/negative. Everything contains the potentiation to be either; it is a matter of perception.

Anyway, I decided it would be best to be straight forward and disclose my supposed "defects," deemed by society as such, in order to encourage you to determine on your own whether or not these are rational, irrefutable reasons to outright reject someone. There is no right or wrong response.

I have adult Attention Deficit Disorder (I am the inattentive as opposed to the hyperactive type) and I have Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. Both keep me busy because I obsess over a new thing whenever I become distracted. :P*

According to the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (M.B.T.I.), I am an INTJ (Introverted/Intuitive/Thinker/Judger). I think it is time that I retake the test because I am better able to identify aspects of myself than at the time I took the test. I am willing to bet, if I retook the test today, I would remain an introvert and fall between all of the functions, excluding extroversion/Introversion), as I am also highly sensitive and observant (making me a IXXX).

Several specific adjectives I attribute to my personality are:

I am accepting, adorable, analytical, articulate, considerate, creative, cute, empathic, endearing, fair, free-spirited, genuine, girly, honest, impatient, impulsive, inquisitive, introspective, a linguaphile, logical, loving, meditative, mindful, nerdy, observant, open-minded, playful, perfectionistic, punny, sensitive, and well-read. I have my own sense of style and I swim upstream against the mainstream.*

Two of my most favorite quotations are as follows:*

"When we find no support among others for our deeply felt truths, we can either feel isolated and bitter, or celebrate the fact that our vision is strong enough even to survive the powerful human need for the approval of family, friends, or colleagues. If you are facing such a situation now, be aware of how you are choosing to view your 'aloneness' and take responsibility for the choice you have made." - Excerpted from The Osho Zen Tarot*

"Be a light unto yourself." - Guatam Buddha
Facebook Twitter Submit "New Intellectconect Profile" to Digg Submit "New Intellectconect Profile" to del.icio.us Submit "New Intellectconect Profile" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Intellectconect Profile" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1978 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks