ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > TXMockingbird
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Changes: Here's where I am right now...

Posted 10-01-10 at 05:58 PM by TXMockingbird
Summary:
Jan-July 20: Effexor XR (brand name, not generic) (been taking since 2002) and Vyvanse XR (since January): worked wonderfully!

July 20- Sept. 16: Effexor XR GENERIC form and Vyvanse XR: still helpful but not nearly as good as before.

Sept. 16- Sept. 23: Effexor XR GENERIC form and Adderall: feels like i'm on a sedative. sleepy.

At this point, I did some reading and found that when the generic form of Effexor came out, people who reported online were saying that they started having symptoms of SSRI withdrawal. Maybe THIS explains the sudden ineffectiveness of the Effexor/Vyvanse combination! In response to this theory, Dr. S. decided to switch antidepressants completely. So:

Sept. 23- Oct. 1: Wellbutrin (gradually to present dose) and Vyvanse: huge improvement. More alert. However, on the first day the switch to Wellbutrin was complete, I noticed myself feeling jittery and... well, just not right. The second day, I started having brain zaps and realized, "oh gee, this is withdrawal." The third day (today), the zaps increased, had diarrhea in the morning, and feel dizzy/jittery/twitchy with LOTS of brain zaps, about 3/minute. I've been crying about things that don't ordinarily move me to tears. Spoke to Dr. S. on the phone-- since i'm having this reaction switching from E. to W., let's go back to the E. and wean off of it more gradually. So here's the formula for the next 3 weeks (back to Effexor, darn):
Week 1: nightly, 3- 37.5 mg effexor followed by a half-dose of Wellbutrin the next morning.
Week 2: nightly, 2- 37.5 mg. effexor followed by a half-dose of Wellbutrin the next morning.
Week 3: nightly, 1- 37.5 mg effexor followed by a whole dose of Wellbutrin the next morning.

is that all i need to say in this entry? i hope so. 'cos i'm sick of thinking about it and want to go outside and look at my garden if i'm not too dizzy. it's a beautiful day!
Facebook Twitter Submit "Changes: Here's where I am right now..." to Digg Submit "Changes: Here's where I am right now..." to del.icio.us Submit "Changes: Here's where I am right now..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Changes: Here's where I am right now..." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2084 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    I was on Effexor XR brand name for about a year when I realized that it is poison. I was working in a city about 2 hours from my hometown where I was going to visit for a long weekend. To my horror, after I had made the drive and night came when I needed to take my meds, I realized I had forgotten them. I thought I'd be okay if I skipped for a weekend. I was dead wrong. The next morning when I woke up, I wished I hadn't. The brain zapping was unbearable. I quickly realized that there was no way I was going to make it through the day, let alone the whole weekend. I jumped in the car and drove all the way back, brain zapping, praying I would make it in one piece. That scared me big time. It scared me so much so that I, against my Dr's wishes, got myself off of it on my own. It took a long time. I actually busted open the caps and started counting the beads. I would take away 10 beads at a time every day until I finally got off it for good. There is no good way off. I had the fuzzy head for a long time but eventually it does get better, but you cannot do it cold turkey.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks