ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > meadd823
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

My Hubby- The Kitten Rescue Ranger

Posted 04-28-08 at 05:09 AM by meadd823

~All images can be clicked to enlarge~

Gary rescued a couple of babies from a business associate. This "person" locked his cat eating mutt in a pallet yard with a momma cat and her kittens -the dog killed all be the two we have. At first the guy was going to keep one of them but with much shrieking from me on the other end of the phone we were able to rescue them both.

Poor things had to ride through Austin with Gary.

I think they ate scraps from workers lunches so they were soo hungry.

~Winks ate until he feel asleep - in his food bowl~

Should have seen them working together stealing my morning donut. It was one of those log looking ones and the kittens each had an end trying to carry it and run under the couch . Naturally a trail of donut crumbs followed. . . no more unattended donuts. . .

They are adorable - tidily and winks . . . . have to call them some thing - here kitty kitty fetches every cat in the house - if i whistle just right I will fetch the ones out side too. . who says ya can't heard cats.

They are tame very tame - I do not know how but they are very playful and seem used to being with people.

~Playful kittens thier first night here~

During a conversation with my mom I mention "Tidily" and "Winks" she told me she probably wasn't going to move up north straight away as previously planned - she has lost a couple of her older cats this past winter so she had room for kittens.

I know they will be cared for vaccinated and "fixed" - mom has been known to even "fix" her neighbor's cats -Plus I will still get to see them grow up! {fingers crossed}

~adorable~

I miss them but I know they got a good home. I promised Gary I would quit collecting cats two strays and a feral ago. . . . so as much as I hate to let these cuties go to my moms it was the right thing to do. I know Gary he will rescue more.
Facebook Twitter Submit "My Hubby- The Kitten Rescue Ranger" to Digg Submit "My Hubby- The Kitten Rescue Ranger" to del.icio.us Submit "My Hubby- The Kitten Rescue Ranger" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Hubby- The Kitten Rescue Ranger" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6583 Comments 10 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old
    awww cute!
    love the names - tiddily and winks haha.
  2. Old
    They are like pea and carrots but those names sounded too much like food . . . . they just escaped being dog food. . .
  3. Old
    lol..
    how many cats do you have altogethor?
  4. Old
    four . . . . .two are inside only kitties.
  5. Old
    There's nothing wrong with rescuing cats (or having them). Now I just need to convince Mark of that. We were at the shelter last week looking at dogs, and came home with another cat instead. He's still trying to figure out how I pulled that bait and switch.
  6. Old
    Quote:
    He's still trying to figure out how I pulled that bait and switch.
    Instructions please - I would love the instructions for this most useful maneuver

I went to my mom's and saw the kitties last week they are still adorable. . . . here are some updated pics

~Click thumb nails to enlarge image~

They are still sweet as ever - some what hesitant to come to me at first until I began saying
    "kitten kitten who has the kitten"

How I called them to come eat without getting the attention of every cat in the house.
    - Winki remembered me immediately did a 180 and came right up
  7. Old
    Quote:
    Instructions please - I would love the instructions for this most useful maneuver
    I think I have to give partial credit to the kids. After all, if they had agreed on a dog, we wouldn't have looked at cats. But my husband knows how much I like cats, so we looked, and found the sweatiest thing. Once I petted her for a bit, there was no going back. He was trapped,
  8. Old
    I'm a bit of a sucker for picking up strays. My flatmates found a litter of kittens that had been thrown down a liftshaft - one survived and moved with me. Another cat was 'lifted' from a local aircraft factory where the feral mum kept popping out a litter - unfortunately he died from kidney failure but was much loved whilst he was with me. I found a dog outside college and took him home - he stayed for 16 years. I have had a stray rabbit thrust on me by a neighbour 'whaddayamean it's not one of yours?' when I hadn't had a rabbit for years. I now have just the one pet - a cockatiel I rescued from a breeder. He was hand reared and is imprinted on humans - other birds are a mystery to him so he's useless for breeding. I like him though..the maladjusted little flying menace that he is

And now I've stopped bigging myself up - nice looking set of rascals you have there. You do know that if you have six cats then you qualify as a witch, don't you?
  9. Old
    Quote:
    You do know that if you have six cats then you qualify as a witch, don't you?
    Well that would make me an on again off again witch, as is my mother. How about eight cats does me mom get extra credit for the extra two cats-LOL!!!

I rescue animals now and worry about whether or not I can keep them later I think it is a genetic tendency in my family.
  10. Old
    I reckon two extra cats over the six qualify your mum to a cackle a third more menacing. Or maybe two extra warts.

Is she a warty cackler? Or does she get extra coupons for 'eye of newt'?

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks