ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > erin1997
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Advice?

Posted 05-21-08 at 04:07 PM by erin1997
I am secretly blogging while at work. The thing is I often times can become very focused on my work and knock out a task in no time flat. Then I am soooo bored. Any assignments that have been given to me, that I understand and are constant, I have no problem with. Meds or no.

In fact I took no medication for about 12 years. I was a bit of a control freak during that time. EVERYTHING had to go my way. EVERYTHING. If the house got to messy and I had other things to do, I would cry and my ex-husband would have to tell me what to do, in order to get things done. So I probably would have done a little better with therapy and meds. Ok crying and yelling all the time is not good. I should have done something.

Work was ok, I would go for days and days goofing off, but at the 11th hour would turn into a machine and somehow get my work done. I am a people pleaser remember.

Its interesting really about the medication. So many people take a lot of it. Why? I kind of like when I am not taking it, because I can finally relax (I think the side effects when you are not taking adderall is extreme exhaustion)

Anyway, I am working on my behaviors. I think the way for me to go is behavioral therapy. Does anyone believe in that or biofeedback? I hate taking pills. And I have been on some crazy diets. No more rice cakes, raw veggies and soy milk for this girl.

Suggestions?
Facebook Twitter Submit "Advice?" to Digg Submit "Advice?" to del.icio.us Submit "Advice?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Advice?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1445 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks