ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > zero zombie
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

I think i have OCD

Posted 05-24-08 at 12:37 PM by zero zombie
I think i have OCD, but i cant tell my parents because they will kill me. my therapist tells me that he is almost sure that i have OCD. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what should i do!!!!!!!!!
Facebook Twitter Submit "I think i have OCD" to Digg Submit "I think i have OCD" to del.icio.us Submit "I think i have OCD" to StumbleUpon Submit "I think i have OCD" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1697 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    Firstly, calm down, take a breath. This isn't anything that's your fault. And its not going to kill you or ruin your life because you're a capable and intelligent person who can deal with this, okay?
    Its great that you're getting diagnosed. OCD is one of the more easily treated chemical imbalances, and also one of the most understood. And please, if you do have this, get yourself treated promptly. My Mum has long-term, untreated OCD and its not pretty.
    Its worries me what you say about your parents - i don't know what their problem is but having OCD is like having any other illness. You didn't ask for this, you certainly didn't mean to develop this and you don't deserve anything less than full, unconditional SUPPORT. Be strong, tell them they need to educate themselves on this disorder. If they're the sort of people who don't respond to that kind of thing and refuse to try and understand and help you that will be tough, and i hope you can find it elsewhere if you need to.
    I don't think i'm saying anything very usefull here but please, if you need to vent, ask questions, worry, ANYTHING, know that this forum is here for you anytime.
  2. Old
    Thank you so much that really helped!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks