ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > zoomman
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

ADHDemons

Posted 06-20-08 at 03:00 AM by zoomman
Hearing Straight-Razor Muses

Like many AD/HD humans, I've been riding the creative lighting all of my electric life --- writing and painting and sculpting, and screaming and laughing --- following my own demented straight-razor muses or suffering at their delicate, deadly hands.

It's *****ing brutal and beautiful, lovely like a black chrome and bamboo filigree S&M haiku --- all clouds and angels one second, and blacker than the devil's own wanton sin the next.

There are people that sell books saying that creativity is about making connections.

If someone wants to limit creativity to simply making connections --- even making unusual connections---fine. Clever things can come from that. Nice things, I'm sure.

But (capital “a”) Art is about more than just being creative. For the artist, being creative is like a prostitute dressing slutty, it's a big help in the business, but it ain't really what the business is about. Creativity is a tool, a vehicle, a weapon --- not an end in itself.

Art is far, far more, and deeper, and dangerous than the niceties of “making connections.”.

Connections aren't why artists sweat blood, stay up for days, or burst into tears, scream, and trash the joint. We artists see ... things, sense things, and have the audacity and chutzpah to move out into the darkling twilight to see these things better, up close where we can count each needle tooth if that's what we find..

These things can be indescribably joyous or starkly terrible. Artists don't go insane by simply making connections --- at least not making any connections that are less intimate than connecting with a lover, or a demon, or both.

True creativity cuts us, scars us, marks us, changes us into who we Artists really are. Our straight-razor muses will see to that.
Facebook Twitter Submit "ADHDemons" to Digg Submit "ADHDemons" to del.icio.us Submit "ADHDemons" to StumbleUpon Submit "ADHDemons" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5360 Comments 10 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old
    i swear by my sexy back that was one inspiring peice of work.
  2. Old
    Quote:
    True creativity cuts us, scars us, marks us, changes us into who we Artists really are. Our straight-razor muses will see to that.
    That is truely breathtaking. As an unknown artist (i don't share my work) I know what you say...I feel it.
    Do you think we all have straight-razor muses? Or inspirational ones? Or does it even matter?
  3. Old
    Zoom has 666 posts.

This is not chance when coinciding with such a blog.

He has been Marked.
  4. Old
    Beautiful~
    ......but, I expected no less.
    you are a gifted writer zoom.
  5. Old
    preach it i can respect that and do and understand fully. great minds think alike tisk tisk they think for themselves which is perzacly what u "are nt suppose to do " bravo break the "norm"
  6. Old
    I LOVE this... wow. I love when you read something that makes you feel like someone out there gets it.... that's you. You're amazing!
  7. Old
    i dont get it!!!!1
  8. Old
    Wow..
  9. Old
    He will only leave you in the end Reudben! Don't fall for it!
  10. Old
    Phantastic speaks trulytrue, I am a fickle flighty fleck, but I'm free and flattered too by all these comments.

(A bit embarrassed I only now realized that I could even post down here. Thanks everyone, I'm touched)

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks