ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > nala.w
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Someone please give me some advise...

Posted 06-29-08 at 12:44 AM by nala.w
I'm 19, and my boyfriend has been diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and bipolar a year ago. We've been together for over 2 years, and life just seems to get harder. He's seeing a psychiatrist and taking medication, but he's just so unhappy.... He loves golf and the guitar, but just cannot do good at them even if he tries very very hard. Whenever he's trying to play golf or the guitar, he just thinks a million things at a time and mess up, and he has a really hard time following through stuff. Because of his bipolar, he gets depressed about once a month, and it lasts up to 2 weeks. During those times, he has suicidal thoughts, hates himself, and gets angry at things very easy.... He's never violent or anything, actually he's a very sweet person, it's just everything seems so hard for him, and he has very low self-esteem, he feels like he can't do anything or learn anything. Doctors have told us that he's never gonna get any better than this, medication will only help to keep him from constantly being in manic attacks..... He's so unhappy and he feels like he's a complete failure because he can't learn to do anything he likes.... I really love him and just want to help him cope with this. It breaks my heart everytime he tells me how much he hate how he is and I can't think of anything to say to make him feel any better....
Facebook Twitter Submit "Someone please give me some advise..." to Digg Submit "Someone please give me some advise..." to del.icio.us Submit "Someone please give me some advise..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Someone please give me some advise..." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1564 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    I think he should see another doctor to get a second opinion. Its possible he needs to try new medications or combinations of medications. I also think he should get into therapy. A counselor may be able to pick up where medication leaves off.

Don't give up hope. I think its great that you care about him so much that you are looking for ways to support him.
  2. Old
    I second Zoie's recommendation of talking with another doctor. "He's never going to be better" is really the doctor saying "I have tried but I don't know what else I can do. Please find somebody else with a higher desire to help."
  3. Old
    'I love you' is hard to beat.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks