ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Zerbinetta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Adventures in methylphenidate, episode 1

Posted 07-02-08 at 07:27 AM by Zerbinetta
It's taken since October of last year, but last week, I finally got a prescription for instant-release methylphenidate. I've been taking what I like to think of as trace amounts, five mg three times a day, before I can start titrating up. As such, I can't say I'm getting much of a difference thus far. I do seem to need less sleep, though. That's nice. I've always considered sleep a waste of time, especially since the only dreams I tend to remember upon waking are nightmares.

Last night, I did experience something that may or may not have been caused by the last half-tab wearing off: around nine, I started feeling this need to get moving, start running or whatever. It's happened to me before, so I'm not sure whether it had anything to do with the meds wearing off, but it did leave me feeling rather like a cartoon character when it's in a hurry, feet pumping in mid-air before gaining traction and actually taking off.

I ended up getting on my bike (my beloved bike! Still mine! Still with me! No thanks to some people) and riding to downtown Zeist (lovely town, v. posh) and back, some 18 km in all, at breakneck speed. I felt better after that.

Next: 10 mg three times a day. Let's see how that goes, and if it does anything useful for me.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Adventures in methylphenidate, episode 1" to Digg Submit "Adventures in methylphenidate, episode 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Adventures in methylphenidate, episode 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Adventures in methylphenidate, episode 1" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1248 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks