ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Uneek1
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Cut the crap! (in a good way)

Posted 08-15-08 at 11:29 AM by Uneek1
Somebody uses that as a motto: Cut the Crap. I don't recall where I read it. Probably either ADDForums, CafeMom or MySpace. If I heard it from you, "Thank you! I love it!"

I'm TRYING to declutter but it's hard for me sometimes. I'm also trying to go greener and not waste as much water, paper, etc. That's what Cut the crap means. Cut out water waste (long showers) and cut out buying stuff I don't need.

My downfalls is collecting movies and books. I'm a bibliophile (book lover) and I have A LOT of books! Right now I think I can just go to the library and not collect. If I get rid of them all (well, most), would I regret it later on? I always do that! Get rid of stuff and regret it. I WANT to not being so "Gotta have it!". Same with the movies. Yes, I can see movies over and over (You've Got Mail, the American President, Airheads) but do I NEED those movies????

I'm too confident! I'm not telling you to talk me out of it. How do I get rid of stuff without regretting it?

My mom and my husband (mom especially) would complain "But think about how much money you wasted on it!!!" My parents live in an RV and my mom's always harping on me about how I "don't need so much stuff" and how I'll regret it later on.

So I know I'll get support for them but I just don't want to feel like Mom's thinking "I told you so!" or my husband thinking "You shouldn't have bought all that anyway!"

So I guess my questions are: How do I do it for MYSELF and how do I keep myself from regretting it later on?
Facebook Twitter Submit "Cut the crap! (in a good way)" to Digg Submit "Cut the crap! (in a good way)" to del.icio.us Submit "Cut the crap! (in a good way)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cut the crap! (in a good way)" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1849 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks