ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Russells Mom
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

3rd Day of New Med and Having A Great Weekend

Posted 11-23-08 at 12:48 PM by Russells Mom
First of all, thank you to everyone associated with this web-site and forums. I know there's a wealth of information that I've just begun to investigate!

Yesterday was a great day with Russell - no "incidents" (yelling, screaming, grabbing his throat, etc). And this morning is going just as well.

I know, I shouldnt get my hopes up - but this a great improvement for our son.

We had been advised by the psychiatrist at U of I (University of IA) to read "The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child with no pills, no therapy, no contest of wills".

I purchased and began reading it and have found that using the reward system he talks about really works for Russell.

When I catch Russ doing a behavior that I want to have him repeat - for example: stop playing and come to the table to eat - with no tantrums, screaming sessions, etc - he gets a sticker on a chart for that day. Then we give him as much positive praise as possible for that specific behavior.

Yesterday, Russ got 4 stickers in about as many hrs.

I am worried though on how he will behave at pre-school. You see, he is very much different at pre-school than at home. And this is where we are having the majority of the problems.

Thanks for listening out there -

Russell's Mom
Facebook Twitter Submit "3rd Day of New Med and Having A Great Weekend" to Digg Submit "3rd Day of New Med and Having A Great Weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "3rd Day of New Med and Having A Great Weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "3rd Day of New Med and Having A Great Weekend" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1283 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks