ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections

Posted 01-01-09 at 01:13 PM by Addr68
How do we view the essence of LOVE?
Why love and share that love?

* This Blog entry has a spirtual ouverture, if one be offended, please don't read any further...

In the Greek, there are several words for love. This can be looked up on the web. *This blog is not academic, rather a thought.

For me, how I choose to live my life with love in all its forms and meanings, can be sum up like this:

My Thoughts...

Because I know of Gods' love for me, I found I'm able to love my self. Because I'm able to love my self, I'm able to share love with others.

I found on the web a thought of Love and how it manifest and shapes self and how it can shape the world around us.

I like to share those words now:

THOUGHTS OF LOVE

"What else can you do with love but give it away? That is the nature of love. Love does not contract, and turn in on itself. If it is love, then it is by nature inclusively extending.

When you give a thing away, it is gone, and you no longer have it. But, it was not real to begin with, so you never did have it. Love is not like the things of this world. When you give or extend love, you do not lose that love. On the contrary, the more love you give, the more your being is filled with love. The more you give, the more you find that your cup runneth over.

Love is not something that you can hold in your hand. It is not a thing that can be possessed by a body. Love is not form. It is content. Love is an action of your mind. It is an inclusive extension of the reality of you.

Love is all there is. There is nothing else that you can give or receive. This action of the mind that we call love is what giving and receiving is.

Sometimes, when you feel a stirring of love within you, you may feel that you must physically do something. If the object of your love is not physically present, you feel helpless and deprived. You have accepted the limitations of your body as a limit on love.

Yet, this need not be. If you could forget the body for just one moment you could know the boundless love of minds that join beyond the limits of time and space. Love and loved ones are never lost.

As the blocks to the awareness of loves presence are removed, you begin to experience love that is not limited by time, space and form. You may even begin to experience love that is not concerned about a specific object.

Never-the-less, there is nothing wrong with using the body to express love. This should never be a cause for guilt. Love is a good thing.

Love is all there is. God is all there is. God is Love. You are that. In eternity, all is One. If love is in your awareness, no matter what object seems to have inspired it, then it is God’s love. It is God Himself that shines in your mind, and puts that twinkle in your eyes.

When you are in love, you feel the love of God within you. When you are in love, the world is a beautiful place."
Facebook Twitter Submit "Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections" to Digg Submit "Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts of Love: Essence and Reflections" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1511 Comments 8 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old
    I just wish I could have written that. It is so totally true, and yet so often overlooked.
  2. Old
    Love it, Bro!

Question: Ever read any of Nathaniel Branden's work? In particular, you may be interested in The Psychology of Romantic Love.
  3. Old
    I like this please go on about it!
  4. Old
    how lovely to read this, as I was reading I heard the Beatles' song
    "words of love" playing in my mind beautiful music to accompany beautiful words

sincerely Patty
  5. Old
    computer is going crazy pleae ignore
    Updated 01-19-09 at 04:53 AM by pADDyjay (computer glitch)
  6. Old
    Bryan, I have been struggling with the idea that I just want someone to pour love out to. I realize now it is not a someone, in this case it is a place filled with many someones. This blog really helped clarify that for me. Thank You. Song
  7. Old
    qoute:
    "What else can you do with love but give it away? That is the nature of love. Love does not contract, and turn in on itself. If it is love, then it is by nature inclusively extending.

Yes, and God, the author of love
    the best lover there is
    He loved and He gave
    he loved and He saved
    He loved and acted
    He loves still and still acts
    he chose to love us even though unloveable we can be
    He chose to see us not only for who we are but who we can be
    In his loving eyes he sees us in all our God
    -given glory
    He walks with us through every step of our journey

He love and acted
    we should do the same
  8. Old

Ah~h~h, the ultimate truth and song of Love that tugs at one's heartstrings.
    Beautifully written and so in tune with what one knows is there. The beauty of life and the meaning of what and why can be summed up as Love in all it's purity and beauty of Oneness shared.
    Eloquently expressed, my friend! Thank You.

Posted 10-04-09 at 07:35 PM by ~Ødd~Scr~θθball ~Ødd~Scr~θθball is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks