ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > ethanol
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Trial: 5HTP, Multivitmin, B Complex Vitamins, Fish Oil, L-Tyrosine

Posted 01-03-09 at 03:25 PM by ethanol
Today (January 3 2009) I took (at 9am) 100mg of 5-hydroxytryptophan and 100mg of L-Tyrosine. These two supplements are on top of the Fish Oil (1g 2x daily) and a multivitamin+ multi B-complex vitamin I take every day. For the next month I (or more) I will keep a log of results.

Methodology:
1g of Fish Oil (once at ~8am, another one gram at ~4pm), 1 dose of a multivitamin(~8am), 1 dose a B complex vitamin (~8am), 100mg 5HTP (8am, 4pm), 100mg L-Tyrosine(8am,4pm). The dosage of L-tyrosine and 5HTP will be increase at a rate of 50mg/week/dose when needed; the goal will not to exceed over 250mg of either. This will go on for at least 30days (unless sidefects prove to be too unfavorable) but no more than 60days.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Trial: 5HTP, Multivitmin, B Complex Vitamins, Fish Oil, L-Tyrosine" to Digg Submit "Trial: 5HTP, Multivitmin, B Complex Vitamins, Fish Oil, L-Tyrosine" to del.icio.us Submit "Trial: 5HTP, Multivitmin, B Complex Vitamins, Fish Oil, L-Tyrosine" to StumbleUpon Submit "Trial: 5HTP, Multivitmin, B Complex Vitamins, Fish Oil, L-Tyrosine" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5503 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old

interesting experiment

I will look in on your bloc to see how things are going with this.

One thing:
    my own research and others indicate there may be regulation problems with serotonine, not too little of the precursor or the 5HT itself.

Peptides possibly regulate some signal substances and can give low concentration of them by enchancing re-uptake mechanisms.

As with the serotonine uptake stimulating peptide in ADHD. Which is excreted in urine and can be found in small amounts.
    But the peptide do work in very small amounts.

The peptide magically disappear when milk is absent in diet.

So its not forsure that you will get a benefit from taking extra precursors to serotonine.

I look forward to hearing about the results.

The fish/cod liver oil thing is bytheway something I am totally dependent on, since I was a kid yknow.

Without it I get lung problems also.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks