ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > The Inattentive Witch
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

I want to watch the world burn

Posted 02-04-09 at 05:11 PM by RedHairedWitch
I want to see society crumble

I dream a dream
Of standing on rooftops
And watching our Rome burn
With Nero and his harp

I want to watch Hollywood die
I want to see fashion fall
I dream of super models
Begging for the bread
They rejected the day before
Because they were on a diet

I want to see the economy fail
I want the rich *****es
Of the world to go hungry
I want them learn
The meaning of poverty

I want the world to learn money
Doesnít grow on trees
I want the world to learn
Food grows on trees

From the safety of my green farm

I dream of the *******s
Who thought I wasnít good enough
For their fancy communities
To come to my door with their hands out

I want the oil tycoons to choke
On the fumes they gave us

And the pill pushing doctors
To really see
What junkies theyíve made us

I want the intellectuals to learn
They arenít so smart
When they canít push a plow
Or tell a good berry
From a poison berry

I want the people who think
Having more money
Fancy houses
And nice clothes
Makes them good people
To come work in my barn

I dream of people who kick their dogs
Coming and living
In my kennel of broken hounds
Iíll show them what life is like chained
For years to a ramshackle dog house

Facebook Twitter Submit "I want to watch the world burn" to Digg Submit "I want to watch the world burn" to del.icio.us Submit "I want to watch the world burn" to StumbleUpon Submit "I want to watch the world burn" to Google
Tags: poetry, rebel, society
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5817 Comments 10 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old

How To Watch The World Burn -- Without Getting Burned

Life is rather like 'musical chairs'. What ultimately matters is where you come to rest when the music stops...

Count yourself lucky.

"
    From the safety of my green farm"

2. Old

Excellent

No need to count your self lucky,
    Just count yourself as yourself.

The trick is to never let the self-conscious chatter get in your way. What is written with passion is written with out consideration for the spectators, which will by there own nature consider there relation to what has been expressed.

An honest expression is worth (and I appeal to my own values here) more than an endless series of self-conscious considerations, which often only serve to suppress what is felt inside. What is felt inside always finds release in some manner, let us be glad when we find a healthy means of expression.

The poem was written with a particular strength, one that is sure to create great impact, such as the shock wave of an enormous explosion. Those hit may fall flat on there backs wondering if this eruption, which set out in all directions, was aiming at them.

Let me make a statement with out any ambiguity:

The poem is great, I imagined it as a painting where you stood with your dogs at your side while flames could be seen far off in every direction. Those who managed to make it safely to your farm are extremely thankful, as evidenced by there facial expressions. Facial expressions which indicate to me that all differences have been aside for the hope of creating a new life, though obviously not in the form of there past lives.

The anger expressed is that of feeling devalued by society, a feeling EVERYONE goes through regardless of there unwillingness to admit it.

I hope that no one will make such a poem 'about them', missing entirely the beauty of its ability to represent accurately what is being felt inside.

There have been times in my life when I have wanted to watch the world burn, but in most instances, lacking a proper art form, I chose to burn my self instead.

If only I had been able to press emotions felt in to words, I would surely have fewer scares.

Five stars for this one.
  3. Old
    Thanks! *big grin*
  4. Old
    Silly me. I keep forgetting that this is an "All Affirmation, All The Time" forum.

Oh well. It's time to get back to the grain confiscation militia...
  5. Old
    I'm sorry you are forgetting things Retro.

You could try writing your self notes... But alas, you might lose the notes!

Hmm...

How about sticking post-its on your face, that way when you look mirror you'll be reminded and hopefully retain the information on the way out.

Or you could use the 'Memento method', have you seen that movie? I really enjoyed it! It involves getting tattoos all over your body though, so if your not a tattoo kind of guy it might not work for you.

I'm confident that in the end an intelligent fellow like yourself will find some way to address your problems.

Good luck. :-)
  6. Old
    My army of angry tree-huggers might be interested in working with your grain confiscation militia ...
  7. Old
    Thanks for the solicitous advice Herr Phantastic. I have thought of tattooing "Think Positive" -- in reverse -- on my forehead so I could read it in a mirror. Alas I'm afraid it would narrow my already limited employment options.
    I'll be sure to tell you of any solutions I come up with, for as it is said "as I am now you too shall be".

As far as possible collaboration between my Gleaners Militia and Red's Treehugger Collective -- sure why not? I'll fax over a contract for your people to look over. We have an nice incentive program going. The individual who brings back the most food gets a months supply of the antibiotic of their choice!
  8. Old
    My memory is already in a poor state I'm afraid

But I did come up with a brilliant solution!

I'll tell you as soon as I can remember what it was...
    Updated 07-09-12 at 03:28 AM by Phantastic (I forgot...)
  9. Old
    Hey I am buttocks deep in lemons can I come play???

Let me see , so far I have lemon chicken , lemon pie, lemon juice, lemon whisky, lemon cars and lemon base balls, oh and my recent addition lemon enema juice.

I have no brilliant solutions , no big ideas , but I will offer up some company. I have cats but I like dogs too, I like "real life forms" who are genuine and real. Those creature who know how to be what they are and let me be what I am. Those who don't try to make me become like them. This eliminates a great deal of the human race.

I won't try to fix you if you will only accept me as I am even when that which is me is feeling a bit sad. You can feel how ever you want even if I don't understand. There is much to be said about perception but not all the views are of sunny spring like days - ya gotta have some gloomy days and even a few a55 kicking storms or every thing that isn't plastic dies.

Good poem Red - it must be int the water or the air maybe it is a electromagnetic frequency - who knows I can very much relate to how this poem feels - I am usually happy but crap I can't be "sarah smiley" all of the time. Guess it is just my turn to be "betty blue". . .or sally screw society - who just happens to be tired of the plastic people game
    Updated 02-07-09 at 02:11 AM by meadd823
  10. Old
    F~~~ that was some good sh~~

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks