ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > zannie
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

I am slowly moving towards health?

Posted 04-10-12 at 01:57 AM by zannie
I am slowly moving towards the end of this tedious and somtimes anxiety ridden journey to health.

Tommorrow I start the low iodine diet so that when I take the radioactive iodine pill it will have the greatest chance of getting into those cells and destroying any lingering thyroid cancer that may have spread elsewhere as I no longer have a thyroid gland. So, Yeah, I want any traces of cancer to be gone but it begs the question * what else is destroyed *.

I do understand the concept of cost - benefit but that doesn't make it any less worrying. And I know that this is a "good cancer" to have - very few people ever die from it. I am grateful for that. Yet, I am still somewhat alarmed that when I take the bloody pill I will be radioactive for 5 days and people have to stay 2 meters - 6.5 feet - away from me.

But one step at a time first the diet. Although it does seem daunting. The organizational aspect of this low iodine diet is intimidating. I hope the fear of going through all of this and screwing it up because i messed up on the diet will be motivation enough to low iodine the whole time. We shall soon find out.
Facebook Twitter Submit "I am slowly moving towards health?" to Digg Submit "I am slowly moving towards health?" to del.icio.us Submit "I am slowly moving towards health?" to StumbleUpon Submit "I am slowly moving towards health?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3490 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    A nodule was recently found on my thyroid gland but having a biopsy has been economically prohibitive.

I was also told thyroid cancer is a good cancer to have but as far as I am concerned that is one of those oxymoron because there IS NO such thing as a good cancer.

If I was radioactive for five days I would have to live in a barn or go camping - other wise I would have glow in the dark cats!

Hope every thing goes well for you!
  2. Old
    Zannie..... I didn't know you were sick! Wow, I'm so sorry your going through this all. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks