ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Adapting to ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adapting to ADHD --- It isn't good or bad, it just is what it is
Rate this Entry

What if they made an artificial ADHD brain?

Posted 11-30-12 at 12:08 PM by KCTang
I just read a neat article on how the University of Waterloo (Canada, represent!) has created 'the most realistic human brain'.

The model is generated by 2.5 million simulated neurons. And LOTS of computing power.

It even struggles to remember more numbers than its working memory can fit...

So... what if we lowered its' working memory to ADHD levels... could we perform tests of our own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P_WRCyNQ9KY

Here's the link to the full article. What do you think?

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...uman-brain-yet
Facebook Twitter Submit "What if they made an artificial ADHD brain?" to Digg Submit "What if they made an artificial ADHD brain?" to del.icio.us Submit "What if they made an artificial ADHD brain?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What if they made an artificial ADHD brain?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4803 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    i'm not a scientist but this is interesting.
    Posted 06-25-13 at 09:00 AM by Blanched Dubois Blanched Dubois is offline
  2. Old
    Isn't it?

I asked these guys about whether they could do an ADHD mockup brain and they said that it was a direction they wanted to go in. Just maybe not quite yet since the research is in its infancy still.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks