ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > meadd823
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Protecting Self Without Poisons

Posted 03-31-13 at 05:58 PM by meadd823
I was accused of being negative and angry. The honest truth was I never felt angry I was simply tired of being some one else's emotional scape goat.

While other may influence how I feel I am responsible for my own emotions I only felt it reasonable to expect other adults namely my husband to do the same however the truth be known not all adults are capable of doing such therefore they project their emotions upon others.

I never told him I was shielding myself by seeing a wall between him and myself. I simply did so. I guess he could tell some thing was different and set out to find out what via accusations.

The only response I offered was " I have a right to protect myself emotionally and I claim that right." I claimed that right by refusing to accept the blame for his emotions only my reaction to them or lack there of

Human interactions are like sharing a bowl of soup - Each person brings into it their own brand of herbs , spices , and flavors that are unique to the individual. We are each our own spice we add into every relationship we become a part of. Becoming a part of a relationship whether a marriage, friendship, or even a group we are agreeing to share in this interactive bowl soup.

Should I react to hurt feelings or some perceived wrong by projecting toxins or poisoning the soup then I am not only causing harm to another but to myself - for I eat from the same bowl of soup.

What he saw wasn't me but his own reflection.

I am learning how to balance protecting self without harming others - Not an easy lesson for me. I was taught to react to harm hurled at me by hurling out my own brand of poison. No wonder my life has toxic pockets scattered about here and there. - I put them there, not intentionally but they are of my own doing none the less.

Slowly but surely I am learning how to quit putting up with other people's emotional crap in a way that does NOT have me wading though my own.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Protecting Self Without Poisons" to Digg Submit "Protecting Self Without Poisons" to del.icio.us Submit "Protecting Self Without Poisons" to StumbleUpon Submit "Protecting Self Without Poisons" to Google
Views 4801 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    Very well-written.
  2. Old
    thank you
  3. Old
    So true. It is possible to detach with love and not rise to the bate.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks