ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > ScrambleBrain
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

I'm almost one chapter into my biography on A.D.H.D.

Posted 12-23-08 at 08:32 AM by ScrambleBrain
Over the years I was made to believe I was a failure by my schools, churches, parents, teachers, doctors, police officers, bosses, parents, and any authority alike. So an epiphany overcome me the other night while I was thinking about Punk Rock and what it stands for to me in my own terms, and it got me thinking about all styles of punk rock, metal, blues, and all music that always had a reputation for being radical, and different, but always kept the same beat. It never has changed and is still alive today, just as the dreams of the great Dr. Martin Luther King. To me it kind of proved that in my punk rock mentality that I always had the proof that the majority is not always right. Sometimes through a rough first hand you have to witness it, to share it, and to believe in yourself to know that you should not be afflicted by society's eye.
In this biogr
aphy, I am currently working on covers my experiences in growing up in free public schools as a diagnosed child with severe A.D.H.D. and the effects it brought on me as a kid into my teenage years and even today. Eventually, I'm going to get into the realm of how our government has built these superficial facilities we call schools. That keep us at bay, segregate us, and in my view form a conspiracy to keep our mouths shut, and fill our futures full of retail jobs making a hopeful 20k a year. Being that we diagnosed with A.D.H.D., I believe we have always had abilities beyond what is always led on. Over the years I've learned through my own studies on A.D.H.D., that is it is a scientifically proven neurological brain disorder, and that in the country of America it is legally considered a disability. Which I was never told, or ever wanted to apply for even after finding out recently.
As a kid I said that the shrinks, and teachers and experts were all wrong, being
that my i.q. tests always proved well above average, and i do have the ability to hyper focus as most A.D.H.D. people do. Then, after an ex-girlfriend of mine that had a bachelors degree in the science of teaching the hard of hearing, showed me some old books from her classes about A.D.H.D., and that's when it hit me. Hard.
I hope to compl
ete the book and shed light through my ordinary experience; living an ordinary middle/low class life; struggling with A.D.H.D.
I'd like let the world
know what people with severe A.D.H.D. face when they are thrown into a public school system while at the same time segregated for behavior problems that usually start with the combination of all the anger driven students all packed up in the same rooms across America; Therefore, causing a room full of chaos inside of chaos.
Basic
ally, I am hoping it will be an extensive background on what could be done to improve these conditions (after further research of my own to find out what has been done) for kids and adults afflicted with a real neurological brain disorder, A.D.H.D

I
f you would be interested in giving any feedback on my agenda, or statistics from reliable resources. H
ow we can create jobs that non graduate, intelligent human beings that can spot a problem fast and devise a quick solution; without the over bearing list given, whip cracking tyrant bosses, tests, or teachers.

stay free,
stay smart, abolish ignorance. and rise above

Facebook Twitter Submit "I'm almost one chapter into my biography on A.D.H.D." to Digg Submit "I'm almost one chapter into my biography on A.D.H.D." to del.icio.us Submit "I'm almost one chapter into my biography on A.D.H.D." to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm almost one chapter into my biography on A.D.H.D." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1861 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    I wish you godspeed on your ADD journey.

"As soon as your born they make you feel small,
    By giving you no time instead of it all,
    Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all,
    A working class hero is something to be,
    A working class hero is something to be.
    They hurt you at home and they hit you at school,
    They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool,
    Till you're so f u c k ing crazy you can't follow their rules,
    A working class hero is something to be,
    A working class hero is something to be.
    When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years,
    Then they expect you to pick a career,
    When you can't really function you're so full of fear"

Working Class Hero (John Lennon)
  2. Old
    I want to wish you good luck with your project. Just a word of warning; people who aren't ADD or those who are considerably older than you may be turned off by the intrinsic anger in your writing. It's good energy, though, and it feels authentic.

Keep it up!
    Updated 12-25-08 at 08:55 PM by moss man (incomplete)

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks