ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > The Inattentive Witch
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Did You Know That

Posted 08-27-10 at 04:08 PM by RedHairedWitch
If you share a wireless connection like with a room mate or a neighbour or a lover you also have the same IP addy? I didn't!

I am sharing a IP with a crazy person.

Time to get my own internet me thinks!
Facebook Twitter Submit "Did You Know That" to Digg Submit "Did You Know That" to del.icio.us Submit "Did You Know That" to StumbleUpon Submit "Did You Know That" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2953 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    And did you know that using IP addresses is not an accurate way to uniquely identify individuals on the internet? There are much more accurate and sophisticated methods of identifying individuals who, for example, create multiple forum accounts to masquerade as different individuals. So you could use these other techniques to show that it wasn't likely you.
    Unless, of course, those techniques are used to show that it was the same person, not just someone else sharing an IP address with you.
  2. Old
    Well sadly I don't know these magickal methods only what I am told by computer nerd friends. Too bad you can't tell who was using what computer or how easy it is to use someone else's email. I saw a TV show once on stealing people's real identies online once, I imagine hacking an email can't be that hard either.

I imagine it's also possible to prove someone is stalking you.
  3. Old
    Time to change all my passwords!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks