ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Peace Be Still.

Posted 08-30-08 at 02:56 PM by wizolo
3 Days to 33 and the time has come for a change. ADD/ADHD not sure which or if it really matters, has become an obstacle to reaching a true state of adulthood. Prior to these last few years, i reveled in the "add" portion of my persona. My flickering attention generated a kaleidoscope of experiences. I was lucky to be extremely intelligent and coasted my way through school. college lasted a couple of years dabling here and there but never achieving anything solid. at 23 i began working...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Tgif!

Posted 08-29-08 at 02:34 PM by ggal
Boy, is that not the truth or what? I seriously could not wait for today to come. I'm so ready for a relatively relaxing weekend.

Plans? Well, tonight is Bgirl's first time out on the field with her marching band. It's the first football game of the year here, so we're all going to that.

Saturday, I've got to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to bring the male kittens to get their ho-ho's taken off. Yup...time to get 'em fixed. Ms. Emmy will be going in on...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

How it's going for me at present

Posted 08-28-08 at 06:58 PM by justcallmedorie
I'm on day 16 of my meds (first time on something beside Strattera) and while I could feel something the first few days, now I'm wondering if they're even working at all. Dex. Doc started me out on 5 mg in the am for 3 days, then add 2.5 mg in the afternoon for three days, and continue to titrate up (adding 2.5 mg every 3 days) until optimum dosage is reached. Problem is, I'm not sure how to determine that. And I guess I really can tell that they're working, I just haven't been in a "challenging"...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Meds
Old

Ugh!

Posted 08-28-08 at 10:18 AM by ggal
Thanks for the comments, y’all.

So…the latest.

G’s ex’s lawyer, at the last minute, succeeds in postponing the court date for one month. Her claims: 1. That this was the first setting of the case (an out and our lie—first court date was in Dec of 07) and 2. That we didn’t giver her proper 45 day notice (not needed because this was not the FIRST setting of the case) and 3. That the lawyer was out of the country until Aug 5 (oh boo f**kin’ hoo).

I’ve...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Perspective – is a choice not a predetermination

Posted 08-28-08 at 08:03 AM by meadd823
Updated 04-26-10 at 02:59 AM by meadd823
Some times I feel like because I chose to see the positive with the negative people think my life is some how not hard. My challenges are not what theirs are or perhaps my ADD isn’t as bad as theirs. I keep trying to explain perspective is a choice not a predetermination – we may be born with a set point in weight, temperament and even mood however to the best of my knowledge perspective is still a choice.

The first time I heard the saying a man is about as happy as he makes up his...
Super Meowaderator