ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

In Spain there is no child psychiatry

Posted 03-23-08 at 12:37 PM by lleticia
A medical platform calls for the recognition of the specialty of Child and Youth Psychiatry in Spain

They assert that psychiatrists are not sufficiently prepared to recognize childhood disorders

BARCELONA, Sep 2. (EUROPE PRESS) --

A platform comprised of psychiatrists and families whose children have mental disorders detected, the Ministry of Health calls for the recognition of a new specialty in the Spanish Health System, the Child and Youth Psychiatry....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Life Passing You By

Posted 03-20-08 at 10:48 AM by ireland
My psychologist said that some people with ADD mentioned that life seems to just pass them by . I wanted to shoot my hand up and say "thats me". I never get excited about anything anymore even stuff that I used to get excited about ie)travelling. But I 'am not depressed or unhappy just calm . The good side being I look at thing logically now where I just used to plunge into things head first. Even off medication I'am like that( its weirding me out and my friends), they say I 'am out...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Another day... another pill

Posted 03-19-08 at 11:17 AM by mom2boys (My sweet little boy)
I feel so guilty. I know the meds will help him but he was a totally different child yesterday. Not in a bad way though. He was so calm all day. The daycare teacher did say that he got a little irritable in the afternoon and that kind of scares me. I'm really having a hard time with this. I feel like I'm messing with his head. I'm trying to look at all the positives and I can see that it really is helping. I only have to ask him once or twice to do something instead of a million times. Hopefully...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Need help in North Tampa

Posted 03-18-08 at 09:37 PM by samjhollars
I recently moved to Tampa and need help finding doctor. I have been off meds since I arrived (no insurance) and getting worse. Can someone please advise a good doctor?

Much appreciated!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My sweet little boy

Posted 03-18-08 at 10:35 AM by mom2boys (My sweet little boy)
First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal and my son was recently diagnosed with ADD. He is 8 and the light of my life. I have been married for almost 11 years now and have two wonderful little boys. We started Dylan on his meds (Metadate ER) this morning so we're playing the waiting game to see if it's going to work.
Posted in Uncategorized