ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

I'm bloging elsewhere-come to the land of...

Posted 03-25-08 at 06:32 PM by RunninL8 (Bacchanalia in my brain!)
FLUXGRAPHIA!!!

Not that I have a problem bloging here...Tis a nice place! I just can't handle a different blog for each aspect of my life. Therefore I'm condensing it all into one blog. Mabey 2.
Pass it on.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Connecting Life With ADD - the rest of the story

Posted 03-24-08 at 10:11 PM by SMSPirate
What's It Look Like

Despite the reports that you can't "see" ADD, like you can see someone with a physical disability, a lot of school teachers tell parents what it looks like when your child has ADD. The physical signs are apparently so different than "normal" behavior, that we've medicalized the interventions and created ADD treatments. What does ADD supposedly look like? Considering the evidence that ADD is caused or at least impacted by a lack of phenylalanine,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Connecting Life With ADD - Dopamine, Life & ADD

Posted 03-24-08 at 10:10 PM by SMSPirate
Dopamine, Life, and ADD

So, let's go back to our simplified model and discussion about dopamine and adrenaline. People who have the power to reward and/or punish, and especially those who control and dispense large amounts of public funds and money, get to make a lot of the rules down here on planet earth. Basically, in today's world, they're the gatekeepers for dispensing dopamine to the public. People who don't have that power you guessed it get controlled and/or punished....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Connecting Life With ADD - So Why Take Meds?

Posted 03-24-08 at 10:09 PM by SMSPirate
So, Why Take Meds?

So the question remains, why take the meds? I've already hinted at the simple answer, and I doubt that anyone likes to admit it. The biggest reason we do this to ourselves and our children is money. Not just the money that the drug companies are raking in, but the money it costs families in missed work, counseling, lawyers, advocates, fighting school policies, and on and on. A trip to the doctor and a magic pill only require one or two annual visits, a phone...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Connecting Life With ADD

Posted 03-24-08 at 10:08 PM by SMSPirate
Today, there are a lot more people seeking advice and alternatives and support for both themselves and their kids, but it isn't because they suddenly got worried about their kids on the meds. One of the after-effects of the diagnosis/prescription frenzy has been more and more adults being diagnosed and put on meds. They used to think that ADD was something you grew out of, but today, advanced science has shown there is a definite genetic link or basis for ADD. We're diagnosing adults in record...
Posted in Uncategorized