ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Could it be your fault? or is it mine again

Posted 03-01-08 at 02:30 AM by TeLL
I have 2 friends, neither truly is very close.
I haven't dated anyone in 18 months, and im only 19. I'm not obviously deformed or disfigured. I could nearly fit in a crowd. so how is it that everyone around me can meet people, create friendships, bonds, relationships except me? I try to always smile, I make as good smalltalk as I possibly can, I'm generous with my time, efforts and money, and when I do anything for a person I believe is a friend, i do it with honest care and consideration...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

About social issues

Posted 02-29-08 at 10:34 PM by Ethereal (The Unbearable Heaviness of Being)
I've spent hours reading old threads on the forum over the last couple of days, and especially one thread struck a chord in me. It was about ADHD/ADD and the ability to maintain friendships. Most of the people who replied in the thread have the exact same problem as me- they easily get friends, but have trouble maintaining friendships over time.

I've struggled with this all my life, also, we moved a lot when I was growing up (I've lived in 18 different places so far), and I got used...
ADDvanced Member
Old

The consequenses

Posted 02-29-08 at 01:11 PM by Ethereal (The Unbearable Heaviness of Being)
As I said in the introduction post, I've been prescribed 80 mg Ritalin a day (Two 40 mg slow release capsules, which I find don't work as good as the pills, but my shrink refuses to switch), but I keep overdosing- I use up a whole month's worth of Ritalin in a week. This month, I even lied and said I was going on vacation (which I actually am, but not for 2 weeks), and had to get my prescription filled a week earlier. This means I have to go through 4 weeks without my meds.

I'm desperate...
ADDvanced Member
Old

ok so i forgot to post for my second dose yesterday ...

Posted 02-28-08 at 01:46 PM by paravis
yea, i said i was going to update after i took my second adderall 20mg yesterday.

i got so caught up playing with my animals and reading messages on here that it kinda slipped my mind.

anyways, i was surprised that 2x20mg lasted me all day yesterday. one IR at 7am, one IR at 1pm, and no crash or comedown. by the way, these are the corepharma generics ...

last night, i slept like a baby. in fact, it was probably the best sleep i've had in a REALLY long...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hi!

Posted 02-27-08 at 01:12 PM by Ethereal (The Unbearable Heaviness of Being)
I'm a newbie on this board, but I thought I'd start a blog right away, I think it will help me a lot writing about my struggles. I write in my personal journal as well, but there I don't get responses from others, which I think will be useful (and fun!) and I also have a źnormal╗ blog, where I've only mentioned my ADHD, not that I'm a food addict, and that I abuse my Ritalin.

So, my nickname is Quirky (Obviously because I'm quite quirky). I'm a 24 year old female from Norway, struggling...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in About me