ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Getting Through
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

A place to collect my thoughts on things relating to life and ADHD.
Rate this Entry

More Schedule Musings....

Posted 02-10-08 at 08:48 PM by nikkiana
In response...

From okok:
Quote:
Like I said in the forums, when you have a "flexible" (read: broken up) work schedule, you need a more flexible medication schedule, too. IR may work better for you if your doctor will prescribe it... a dose in the afternoon when you feel you're done goofing off, and maybe a large one at 9 or 10 when you get the real work done.
I think it's possible that might be a better option for me.... though, I think the source of most of my frustration is the fact that I want it to last all day and cover more than just work related stuff. It's helpful in other areas of my life.... Like getting the cleaning done, or even posting on message boards.... I spend less time posting messages now because I don't get up and move around twenty times per post I write.

I find I'm a totally mean person when I come down off the XR, especially if I haven't accomplished all I wanted to that day or if something comes up in the evening.... and I don't want to go out and do things with other people..... I don't know if my negative reaction is specifically because of the XR or just because I don't like going from being focused back to unfocused in general..... The XR works fine while it works, it just that I wish I had 12 hours of coverage instead of six. I know I've heard of people taking XR in the morning and then having IR in the evening... Maybe that would work better?
Facebook Twitter Submit "More Schedule Musings...." to Digg Submit "More Schedule Musings...." to del.icio.us Submit "More Schedule Musings...." to StumbleUpon Submit "More Schedule Musings...." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2941 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    My son and I both take regular Ritalin and like the flexibility that gives us. We can take an extra dose in the evening or skip a dose when we don't need one.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks