ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

I vagus-ly feel sick?

Posted 05-07-15 at 06:07 PM by icarusinflames (My Haunted Mind)
I heard about a research study that will stimulate the vagus nerve to see if it helps ADHD children improve in specific areas such as attention, moods, etc. There was already one completed study with such positive results that evidently some of the U.S. parents in that are ordering the device (to own it and continue to use it on their children) from Canada.

I'm seriously contemplating this. I can identify already with the vagus nerve by studying how it runs through the brain...
Suspended Account
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

the books in the hall

Posted 05-07-15 at 10:44 AM by icarusinflames (My Haunted Mind)
Updated 05-07-15 at 11:05 AM by icarusinflames
When I was very young, perhaps 6 or 7 and was first realizing my condition and situation in life, I remember enjoying the collection of Science books in the hall outside my bedroom door. One book was about mammals, and there was a picture in the book that really troubled me. It was of the the baby rhesus monkey with his wire frame mother.

I'd be tempted to include the video of this experiment but it's actually too heart breaking. The little baby monkey has a wire frame mother-object...
Suspended Account
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

hope for the haunted lady after all

Posted 05-06-15 at 07:41 PM by icarusinflames (My Haunted Mind)
I've been trapped, utterly trapped for so long. I sometimes feel like a character from a Charles Dickens book (Great Expectations), Miss Havishman who is a very ancient lady wearing a decaying wedding dress all the time, and trapped in her dusty strange mansion. She was jilted on the altar years and years past, but she can't get over it. Nothing has changed. Her wedding feast is still on the table, but all in dust and worms and decay. She flits about her strange cavernous hall, behaving erratically,...
Suspended Account
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Some Things Never Change . . . . But I Do

Posted 02-10-15 at 04:46 AM by meadd823
It has been a long time sense I have been here and over the past year or two things have changed a great deal. The clinic interview yeah I remember, naturally did not get that job but it simply wasn't meant to be. I did not feel bad about it as the blog clearly states.

Last time I posted a blog entry I the market for a car that did not break down, preferably a used one with low mileage.

I bought my first new car about a week later, it had 12 miles. As of this writing...
Super Meowaderator
Old

Slianhcnienin

Posted 09-16-14 at 01:57 PM by Louder Than Love (All Of This and So Much More)
Pyre dies
but a breath of you
Fills an empty soul
Cleansing every empty promise, replacing
the love that they once stole

If youíre drowning
Ill inhale all your fears
Lay down with me
Beneath the storms warm tears
Stay with me
Youíre safe from pain right here

Iíve never tasted