ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > musings, etc.
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

I've never had a blog, only journals. Those are pretty serious records of my illness/meds/cycling, etc.

So this might be fun and different.
Rate this Entry

Field Day

Posted 06-20-11 at 09:50 AM by EYEFORGOT
My kids tried to run off to school today in long sleeve shirts... I kept hollaring at them to come back to the house as I thought of stuff they needed for Field Day! (long sleeve shirts and no water, good grief.)

So they came back for t-shirts, then for water, then a canned-good for the food drive, caught one of them before he hit the driveway with a couple of hats and sunblock... (we are really pale and burn easily, I'm all for them sweating away their day but sunburned/dehydrated kids is not my idea of fun).

I doubt they'll change shirts, they'll forget their hats, won't bother with the sunblock and will wait as long as possible to actually stop and drink some water... but hey, they'll have fun and can't say Mom didn't help them prepare for it, even if it was last minute... because isn't that where we often do our best work?

Rather amusing and ironic that I was louder than they were today when I often tell them to not wake the neighbors.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Field Day" to Digg Submit "Field Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Field Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Field Day" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4314 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    Yep. That's exactly what happened. They used the t-shirts to wipe off the sweat, but never changed. They didn't have water until late in the day. Only one hat came home and they never put on sunblock.

And yes, they had a great time.

Quote from fellow Mom:

Kids are confusing little creatures who plot against our sanity

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks