ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > sebby27
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Hi im an 18 yr old freshmen in college im new,i think i have add/adhd,read my story:/

Posted 12-11-08 at 04:43 PM by sebby27
okay so im an 18 yr old male freshmen in college and I had a crazy senioryear in highschool.. Basically i drank alot, smoked many blunts a day, and had constant sex with my sweethearted girlfriend of 4 yrs at the time who i cheated on basically weekly all senior year..
My senior year was a complete joke i dropped from a 3.5 gpa @ the end of my jr yr to a 1.9 my senior year..(yes it was bad), but i had already gotten a full ride to a private university so i didnt care and this summer all i did was party and drink..and eventually me and my g.f broke up, she cheated on me... i was pretty deppressed for a good month..really depressed and this only made me drink/smoke more and more weed

I went into college feeling absolutely retarded as if i have forgotten everything i ever learned. i drink 3 nights a week and smoke and have sex daily and im always craving more but ive feel as if ive lost many braincells
I cannot concentrate on anything, im always figiting i daydream all day during class (my classes are next to the ocean so its easier than normal people i guess and i sit next to the windows).. Im getting the lowest test scores ive ever gotten in my life even tho i would "try" to study for 4 hours but i really dont even read or look over anything i just sit and stare and figit..

(sorry this is taking so long)
I was stressin 1day because i needed to read a chapter for a small quiz the next day and i told my buddy up at college my situation.. he said he had adhd and gave me a pill that helps me concentrate..

it was the best day ever.. i got so much accomplished.. i wrote 7 papers that were due weeks earlier and 2 papers due that week.. i made appointments with advisors, figured out my major got my life together basically.. it was the best feeling ever i felt so productive, so accomplished, i did things ive been holding off on for long periods of time..

i took 2 pills of something that he takes 1 of a day.. and i want more of it.. what do i do??
do i have adhd or no??
i reallllyyyyy feeel like i need it!!!!

i think i might also add that i feel completely lost and have no idea what is ever going on around me.. i always stop in the middle of sentences and completely forget i was even talking to someone half the time and always forget what i was saying at the time.

i lose or 'misplace' my wallet cellphone and anything i need to carry on me all the time.. it really sucks ive never been like this and i dont feel normal.. at all... its wierd
i dont know if this has anything to do with it...

but i was in a car accident where i went unconsious and got a concusiion..obviously... and 2 days later i hit head to head with my little brother and clear thick liquid poured out of my nose for about 20 seconds and i went to the hospital.. turned out it was brain fluids...

and since ive felt completely lost..and retarded
Facebook Twitter Submit "Hi im an 18 yr old freshmen in college im new,i think i have add/adhd,read my story:/" to Digg Submit "Hi im an 18 yr old freshmen in college im new,i think i have add/adhd,read my story:/" to del.icio.us Submit "Hi im an 18 yr old freshmen in college im new,i think i have add/adhd,read my story:/" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hi im an 18 yr old freshmen in college im new,i think i have add/adhd,read my story:/" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3606 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    You are not retarded but, lost?...possibly. Only a medical doctor (Psychiatrist & neurologist usually) can diagnose ADD/ADHD. The reason you liked the pills is because they are stimulants and make most people feel good and productive, at least in the beginning. I am not judging you here because I am much like you. I am much older than you so I guess I should say that you remind me of myself when I was your age. So, here's the thing...after reading your entry, I think you have substance abuse issues that are affecting your grades and performance. Now, many people self-medicate unknown conditions. I did that too. My advice is to you is to stop smoking weed all the time. The weed is likely causing your symptoms. I know this is not what you want to hear but it is true. Adding another potential drug of abuse to your regimine is not the answer here. Just my two cents and like I say, I am not judging. I've been where you are and know how it is. If you really think you have a psychiatric condition, go get diagnosed but be honest with the Dr about your blunt smoking and symptoms. Don't give false answers in the hope of scoring the pills you like. They are trained to see through that and will. Most Dr's aren't going to prescribe you amphetimines without a neurological exam and first trying the meds that have less abuse potential. You may find that one of them helps your focus and energy level quite well. But my first advice...ditch the weed or at least cut way back. I speak the truth my friend. Good luck to you!
  2. Old
    Oops, just saw this is an old entry and my comment will likely go unread!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks