ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Flycal
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

My child wants to stop taking his Strattera!

Posted 10-17-08 at 12:51 PM by Flycal
Hi !

Anyone have a child that has recently stopped taking Strattera? My son has been on it for 3 years and was just put on 118mg a day. The doctor did not recommend taking him off. He's 12 and wants a break.
Facebook Twitter Submit "My child wants to stop taking his Strattera!" to Digg Submit "My child wants to stop taking his Strattera!" to del.icio.us Submit "My child wants to stop taking his Strattera!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My child wants to stop taking his Strattera!" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2401 Comments 4 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old
    you have to taper off straterra id say you and your son talk to the doctor about how to do that because final decision is yours and your sons not the doctor even if he doesnt recommend it

you know the doctors opinion and you should find out why your son wants a break and if it sounds reasonable and you are ok with it you should go ahead with what i said above
  2. Old
    I say take up beating your kid with a shoe horn, but I only say that when I'm inressponsible mood.
  3. Old
    I agree with the above comments, may be the side effects are too mutch for the poor guy to handle, find out why he wants out.
  4. Old
    First- why does he want to stop? Has he a real problem with the meds or is he just responding to disinformation?

Maybe you should agree on a trial of stopping the medication with agreed end points to mark the trial a success of failure- a written contract with agreed criteria for resuming medication would be good.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks