ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Black Razor
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

ADHD and Proud

Posted 10-30-08 at 07:43 AM by Black Razor
So after reading the posts of other adults living with ADD, I have been inspired to keep my own blog cataloguing my struggles and accomplishments. It's taken me years to admit to myself just how crippling ADHD can be. Even though I was diagnosed as a kid with it I somehow tried to convince myself that I just needed to grow up and that I had outgrown ADD, and that I just needed to mature. I couldnt just accept that my brain is messed up...that I need the help of a mental health care professional, or that I need NRI to help balance my brain out. I couldnt accept it....and for years I lived feeling ashamed that I was a grownup kid. I'm not ashamed anymore, I have ADHD. It makes my life hell quite often, but its my life and I love every damn minute of it.

Special thanks to Gregg Lebovitz of My Unfocused Life and to Douglas Cootey of The Splintered Mind. You guys inspire me and make me feel its ok to not be ashamed and that I am not alone in my daily struggles. Thank you so much for your bravery.
Facebook Twitter Submit "ADHD and Proud" to Digg Submit "ADHD and Proud" to del.icio.us Submit "ADHD and Proud" to StumbleUpon Submit "ADHD and Proud" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2696 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    It isn't easy finding that balance but it is a journey that is worth it.
  2. Old
    I like the blog Black Razor. I will check back when I see you have added another. Thank You for sharing.

Song

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks