ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

I tried

Posted 11-17-08 at 07:14 PM by SuperChan
I tried
I tried to find them, but no songs
Seem to have the words to express how I feel.
Fun, laughter, pain, lies, betrayal,
Only words, but they mean so much.
Tears of joy or pain, doesn’t really matter,
They’ve been shared.
I tried to be the best friend I could.
I tried to be there for everyone,
I tried not to judge.
I tried not to be walked on.
Take it how you may,
Be there or not,
I still tried.
I will still...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Pychiatic disorders at work

Posted 08-22-08 at 01:12 PM by SuperChan
So I work for a fire district (as a secretary) and I greet walk-in patients all the time. Yesterday was the first time I have seen someone who was having psychotic symptoms, and I didn't know what to do. Even with my own experience of mental illness in my own family. Luckily, he was calm and only confused looking for help.

The worst part is that I didn't know how to get him to ask for the help he was seeking. Since he is not a danger to himself or others, we cannot commit him unless...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I did it!!

Posted 07-16-08 at 03:13 PM by SuperChan
I am so excited.

My last quarter of school was such a challenge. I was starting new meds and they were really affecting my ability to focus on my schoolwork. I went through everything to finally get my hands on something to help me focus, only to get it after my classes had ended. I had such a difficulty, that I really thought I had just failed out of my classes and would not graduate.

Well..... yesterday, I got a letter from my college! And I GRADUATED!!!! I am...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Questions in my head

Posted 07-03-08 at 03:43 PM by SuperChan
I haven't been on the forums lately due to life events which have caused the questions in my head. Here are just some of the things I've been contemplating.

When did I start worrying about everyone else and not me? Should I do that? Why am I compelled to do so? I often hinder relationships rather than help.

What exactly is life? How does one proceed through life without massive changes; they can't. So is life a cycle of changes?

Why is is so hard to...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Great minds think alike, right?

Posted 05-28-08 at 04:38 PM by SuperChan
So why does it bother me when mine or my husbands spending sprees go rampant, but it doesn't bother him. I can't stand to have accounts in negative standing. He on the other hand will max out however much he can. I was at the doctor today and it actually made me cry to the doc. I didn't mean for it too, it just happened, and now I'm randomly crying. I just want things to be ok. He ignores his debt to the point that we lost our entire tax return this year and the stimulus check. Granted the...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized