ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > LeeAnne
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Causes of mental illness: Other People!

Posted 06-16-08 at 05:37 PM by LeeAnne
I have a real annoying client who is nasty towards me.

Since the risperdal incident with my doctor, I took a few days off work to recover. I was getting pulled off topamax as well since it was making things worse. So for two days I was a wreck. My job involves teaching so that makes things very difficult.

The client said I took days off for "anxiety" because I want people to feel sorry for me.

She said I am not a nice person for not rinsing out a pasta dish of hers once. I remember she retrieved after I just finished using it. To show you how petty she was being it was about 8 months ago.

I was of course just inside a bathroom stall and came out on cue after she finished bad mouthing me.

I said to her, "gee thanks.."

She's one of those people who seems uber nice but they're really so judgemental.

Her face dropped knowing I just heard everything she said about me.

She said she was talking bad about me because she didn't know what happened to me. She then asked if I was on medication.

I know slapping the client and telling her to get a life and mind her own GD business is inappropriate.

But she needed to know so she could stop talking bad about me because hey it's all my fault.

I told her to basically get out of my hair, don't act nice because she doesn't really mean it.

I told her why I was away was none of her business. Her saying she was "worried I was having family issues, or was really sick with something" was obviously not out of concern.

Why are people such selfish opportunists? I never understand these underhanded attacks that people engage in.

I basically said don't be nice to me, because she doesn't really mean it; if she has something bad to say about me, go to my supervisor, don't create a negative environment for me in my class. I said her talking in general is disrespectful and she needs to take it elsewhere.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Causes of mental illness: Other People!" to Digg Submit "Causes of mental illness: Other People!" to del.icio.us Submit "Causes of mental illness: Other People!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Causes of mental illness: Other People!" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2119 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    The word "people" just doesn't hang well on a lot of these human-lookin' things walkin' around. Your title reminds me, to, of what Sartre said "Hell is other people." For precisely this reason.

Well written, thanks.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks