ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > The Unbearable Heaviness of Being
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ramblings from a very disturbed mind
Rate this Entry

Back from the (near)dead

Posted 04-15-08 at 08:18 AM by Ethereal
I grew up as an only child (after having a child like me, who'd want more?), but always had pets- they became replecements for siblings. When I had a rough time growing up (and that was often), I turned to my pets for comfort. When everyone else let me down, my pets where always there for me. So, as a result, I have closer relationship with animals than most people, and my cat is extremely important to me, I love her so much. Last week, she started getting sick, but it wasn't until Sunday night she got really ill. We've been at the vet twice, I really thought she was going to die, and for the last 40 hours, I've done nothing but taking care of her, I haven't been able to sleep or eat, I've just been terrified she'd die, if she did, I'd break down completely. It may sound strange to some people, being that close to an animal, but that's how I am.

She's better now, the antibiotics are starting to work, but I don't dare to leave her, even though I had an appointment at the doctor's today. She's still not completely out of the woods, and if anything happened to her while I was out, I'd never stop blaming myself.

At least I've been able to stop focusing on myself and my own problems for a few days, when I've cried, it hasn' been because of my own issues. Allthough these past days have been hell, it's been nice with a break from myself.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Back from the (near)dead" to Digg Submit "Back from the (near)dead" to del.icio.us Submit "Back from the (near)dead" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back from the (near)dead" to Google
Views 962 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    Not at all weird to be so concerned about your cat. Our pets are often more loyal and comforting than people. What is his/her name?
  2. Old
    I tend to prefer animals to most people, people tend to be either mean, stupid, or both.

Her name is Chanel. I was originally going to call her Twiggy, just for fun, as she's a bit chubby (or, she was, she's gotten skinny now when she's been ill), until I found out that's the name of Victoria Beckham's dog. I refuse to have anything in common with Victoria Beckham!

I got her from the animal shelter, where I also work as a volunteer, we've always gotten our pets from the animal shelter. She's had such a rough life, being homeless (she was almost dead when they found her), still she's the most loving, cuddly pet I've ever had. She even seems to notice when I feel down, when I cry, she comes over and curls up in my lap. Most of my friends, and my mother, seems to be tired of my mood swings, but Chanel never lets me down.
  3. Old
    Quote:
    I tend to prefer animals to most people, people tend to be either mean, stupid, or both.

Her name is Chanel. I was originally going to call her Twiggy, just for fun, as she's a bit chubby (or, she was, she's gotten skinny now when she's been ill), until I found out that's the name of Victoria Beckham's dog. I refuse to have anything in common with Victoria Beckham!
    LMAO!!!

I think animals can sense things like that.....

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks