ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > bumblebe
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Roller Derby

Posted 03-13-10 at 05:49 AM by bumblebe
I have wanted to join the roller derby for awhile now but havent because I have always been way to self conciouse and insecure.

I could never even say i wanted to out loud because i was afraid someone would say I wasnt good enuf to do that.

I never felt like I desirved to to something fun because I havent done anything productive so I should concentrate on that.

Whatever. Today I bought roller skates and practiced on top of the parking garage where I live. OMG I havent had this much fun since I was a kid. my son put cones down so that it was about the size of the durby track. Then he timed me to see how many times I could go around it in a minute. The best I did was 2 times.

I love it. Im just gong to have fun. I bet once im good on my feet I will feel confident enuf too try out. I could never see it before but i see it now.

Yay! Im so exited to have this fun thing to do.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Roller Derby" to Digg Submit "Roller Derby" to del.icio.us Submit "Roller Derby" to StumbleUpon Submit "Roller Derby" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2290 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    The idea that we need to do productive things to 'deserve' some fun is very corporate i must say (was that the word i was looking for?!!).

I think you need to have a little leisure before you become too productive, which is the general idea behind childhood i think.

Since no one wants to die having done nothing but file papers there whole life, perhaps it is best to get in as much fun time as you can?

I am all about processual goals, which means i worry more about how i do things then what I am doing. One of my processual goals is to always make any activity as fun as possible.

When i worked at a fishery i would try to stack the fish on this escalator thingy as fast as possible because it entertained me (though it irritated the person on the other end of the line).

There's just no sound logic behind the idea that at some point we need to experience a lack of fun, or a 'seriousness' in our dedication to employment or hobby.

I say, skate away!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks