ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Sickle
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Being a happy guy.

Posted 07-16-08 at 12:52 PM by Sickle
Updated 12-13-14 at 02:11 AM by Sickle
I don't want to sound like a victim here, but I am a reasonably happy fellow and that must be odd to some people because my cheerfulness seems to be something that bothers everybody.

I am an easy to get along with kinda guy but the thing is that even though I have made some mistakes like anyone else I don't beat myself up about it.

I like to look at the good things in life like that one moment where I can just pause and focus on that one moment, the birds chirping, the smells and fresh air and I choose to forgive myself for the unchangeable things because I can't do anything but let it grow on it's own and it usually does. Focusing on every moment, when it is possible with ADD, is important to me because you never know when it is going to end.

I feel like life has been good to me, I had a reasonably good life growing up and even the feeling of inadequacy because of my ADD and the shame that goes along with it isn't something that is worth getting upset over because in this high tech, sound byte society, the simple things like streams, kittens and life energy are things that make life worth living.

It feels good to look at what I have versus what I don't have and when I get old, I know I will have no reason to look back in regret.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Being a happy guy." to Digg Submit "Being a happy guy." to del.icio.us Submit "Being a happy guy." to StumbleUpon Submit "Being a happy guy." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2091 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old

aaww..you are sweet...birds chirping and kittie cats..
    I hate cats..and birds chirping..annoying lil *****ers

hehehe
    xx
  2. Old
    No kitties

That sucks

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks