ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Hello Everyone

Posted 11-23-08 at 02:53 AM by Russells Mom
Hi there, I am trying to find out more and more on ADHD as my 5 yr old son was just diagnosed last month. He and his twin brother started pre-school this past summer and ever since, they have been noticing that he (Russell) doesnt like to interact with the other kids as well as the others do.

Since July, we have been called from work to come get Russell from school when he would be getting out of control.

We took him to the U of I last month and was diagnosed there and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Need Help

Posted 11-18-08 at 12:12 PM by Christina30
I have two 5 yr old children (not twins) that are both having trouble focusing while in class. They have not formally ben diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. However, I am hoping to find ways that our family can help.

I feel that it is overstimulation. Both have DS's, and as a family we have multiple game consoles. They are also allowed to play on the computer and love to watch cartoons.

As a parent what can I do to help slow them down and teach them how to focus. I have already...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I tried

Posted 11-17-08 at 07:14 PM by SuperChan
I tried
I tried to find them, but no songs
Seem to have the words to express how I feel.
Fun, laughter, pain, lies, betrayal,
Only words, but they mean so much.
Tears of joy or pain, doesn’t really matter,
They’ve been shared.
I tried to be the best friend I could.
I tried to be there for everyone,
I tried not to judge.
I tried not to be walked on.
Take it how you may,
Be there or not,
I still tried.
I will still...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ritalin's first day at College

Posted 11-13-08 at 05:19 PM by RiverIsSerenity
Today seems great. I am not dragging myself, half daydreaming, around campus. I can focus on the lectures, gave a great presentation, am finally doing the blogging I had planned to do from the first day finding this forum. Yay! I'm still doing the half pill thing. I think I will stick with this dose and ask my P-doc what he thinks in two weeks. Who was it that said, "better to ask forgiveness than permission?" I'm pretty sure he won't mind since it's a reduced dose.
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

5mg is better for me

Posted 11-13-08 at 05:15 PM by RiverIsSerenity
My first day on Ritalin 10mg ended with a goram migrane. I was pretty sure the migrane wasn't a side effect because I had the beginning hint of a migranish feeling before my psych appointment. That was on 11/10/08

11/11/08 I woke up feeling much better. I had that "morning after an evil skull splitting migrane" feeling though. I decided not to take any Ritalin because I had a full day of school that day and didn't want to risk a second headache.

11/12/08...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized