ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Spootrid Voompt

Posted 08-17-12 at 06:08 PM by Vito, ADDer
"Spootrid voompt" is a noise I just heard in my head, and so it seemed like as good a subject to blog about as any other. I mean, considering the amount of mostly incomprehensible noise that people make in such blitheringly idiotic subjects like politics, I figure that it's at least a bit more honest to say things like "spootrid voompt", and just drop the pretense that it actually means something, or that I actually know what I'm talking about when I say it. I certainly can't...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Typelink

Posted 08-16-12 at 11:58 PM by madadder
I thought I would take the time to share this gem with anyone who stumbles across this blog. Typelink can be used in many ways for organizing your life, especially if you're in school.

In typelink I organize all of my google documents organized by category. I have all of my personal contacts in case I lose my phone, and I also use it for note taking from time to time.

Typelink is available on the web, iphone, and ipad.

ADDvanced Member
Old

I appear to be back!

Posted 06-26-12 at 02:26 PM by planetdave
It's been a long time!

Some years ago I left this site after I blew a gasket - repairs appear to be holding and my life has changed significantly since then.

Lets see where it goes from here.
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

ADHD Quick facts (and some opinion)

Posted 06-25-12 at 04:32 AM by CrushCrush
Updated 06-27-12 at 08:38 PM by APSJ (Guidelines)
-ADHD is a childhood developmental disorder meaning that a parts of the child's brain is slower to develop than the rest.

-30-50% of people will show symptoms into adulthood. Thus, the majority will see their symptoms disappear as they get into their adult years.

-ADHD effects a child's academic performance because the child can not focus and concentrate. This is why children are given meds in school.

-There is a 5% chance that children with ADHD will finish...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Doing a lot better since getting meds

Posted 06-20-12 at 04:47 AM by CrushCrush
Hi!

The fact I haven't logged in for 5 months now shows that I've gotten better, but I still feel I'm under dosed at this point.

What I've learned most about ADHD treatment is this: there is huge misdiagnosis or over diagnosis of people who don't really have it. That is just my opinion. If you don't really have it, you will Not notice huge life changing changes after taking meds. If you don't really have it, it might not do much for you.

I find most Doctors...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized