ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > WheresMyMind
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Sequential learning?

Posted 09-20-13 at 09:14 PM by WheresMyMind
When I read anything about people learning things, it sure seems like most people learn sequentially. Like, they learn a small thing and a second small thing and then they put the two of them together and it's a not-as-small thing.

Even when I was in college, classes did not feel that way to me. They all felt like what is called a "survey" class. That's a class where you learn a bunch of stuff that vaguely goes together, but is not dependent on each other. Maybe an intro to music class, where you learn how to string a guitar, how to sing a Christmas song, and how to select a CD to hear some classical music. All music-related, but not specifically related to each other.

Even in math classes, each topic from week to week just seemed like "OK, remember that, now here's something new that does not connect."

As a result, I don't really feel like I know how to learn. I expose myself to stuff, and pray that some day, the collection will be useful.

I wonder if this is ADHD, unique to me, or if I'm just nuts?
Facebook Twitter Submit "Sequential learning?" to Digg Submit "Sequential learning?" to del.icio.us Submit "Sequential learning?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sequential learning?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2647 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks