ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > ginniebean
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Was I secretly hated?

Posted 10-11-10 at 03:32 PM by ginniebean
I have read many times how parents of adhd children love their children and hate them too. Each time I read this I feel so wounded.

He/she does this this this this and this!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!!! She/he is driving me crazy!!!!

To be supportive of this 'feeling' is impossible for me. I can't do it!

I am so sick to death of adhd symptoms being treated like moral problems I am sick of ignorance and sick of hearing how understandable it is.

It is not understandable it's a complete failure, the parents are being failed and the child is being failed!

[insert primal scream]
Facebook Twitter Submit "Was I secretly hated?" to Digg Submit "Was I secretly hated?" to del.icio.us Submit "Was I secretly hated?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Was I secretly hated?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4374 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    I totally understand! I know my parents, especially my Dad, secretly hated me and thought all those nasty things about being stupid and lazy and not trying hard enough. I know for sure Dad still feels that way.

Some days I want to rescue all these kids *sigh*
  2. Old
    I drove my parents to the point of despair and they reacted with frustration at times, but I never doubted how much they cared....can't imagine I'd have gotten through my worst periods growing up if that hadn't been the case...
  3. Old
    My parents couldn't cope with me didn't know how to help me. To be fair there was no information out there at the time. But still it is seriously disconcerting to read the most helpful things a parent can do if there child has adhd and to know that my parents did the absolute opposite on all counts. Of course, this created a cycle of pain and lashing out.

Still I hope karma will give me a break and my daughter will not act out as much as i did.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks