ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Too much TV

Posted 06-26-08 at 05:31 PM by Grafter
I believe children today are allowed to watch too much television. Most kids will say they have a TV in their bedroom where they can watch whatever programming they desire, at any given time, and for as long as they choose. Some parents allow the TV in their children’s room to be a “nightlight” that will keep them from being afraid of the dark. I have made the decision that my kids will not spend numerous hours a day watching TV. Besides not having televisions in the bedrooms of my house, another...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

The Pillow Method

Posted 05-02-08 at 11:20 AM by Grafter
I was introduced to this communication tool during an Interpersonal Communications course I attended at my University. The Pillow Method was reportedly developed by a group of Japanese school children and first reported by writer Paul Reps in the book Square Sun, Square Moon published in 1967. Its purpose is to help boost empathy or find merit in another’s position. The name comes from the analogy that a pillow has four sides and a middle, just like all problems. By working though each side of the...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PillowArt.jpg
Views:	2597
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	8  
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized